Massachusetts-Boston

Flip flops for a total of about 200 guest

I am getting married June 2014 and want to order the flip flops soon. I am not sure how much I should get. Please help me by answering some of my questions. Thank

Did you do one?

How many guests did you have?

How many flip flops did you get?

What sizes and how many of each size did you get?

How many were left?

Re: Flip flops for a total of about 200 guest

• I haven't really thought about this yet, but honestly at the weddings that I've seen not everybody really goes for the flip flops (and the bride is literally saying....'seriously take flip flops home').  We're having about 150 guests, so assuming half are women I'll probably get enough so that 25%-50% of the women can wear flip flops, and get a range of all the available sizes. 

• babbo2babbo2 member
    First Comment
    I create beautifully decorated flip flops and suggest you get the most in the standard sizes, which are 7-8, or 8-9, 9-10, and have a handful in the smaller sizes and the larger.

Do you have a theme? ie: certain colors or designs that you want? Flat or wedged.

You can even send out a save the date type letter asking people to send you their shoe sizes as part of a contest...laughing and have all the women's names in a drawing for a great gift basket or prize.

I can tell you at the last wedding the 4 inch heels were off and the flats on, so flip flops are the rage so people can dance.

• 200 guests = approx. 100 women and you could assume maybe 50% of them would either wear or take home cheap flip flops from your wedding. So I think 50 pairs would be plenty. Assuming they come in small, medium, large, and x-large, I'd get 10 small, 20 medium, 20 large, and 10 x-large, so 60 pairs. And I think you might end up with 40 pairs to take home at the end of the night, honestly. 

I wore flip flops once at a wedding because I was a bridesmaid and the bride wanted us to, to "show guests that they were there for that". I tend to not choose attire that I can't function in--so if I know 4 inch heels are going to be too uncomfortable to dance in, I won't wear them to a wedding, I'll wear 2 inch wedges instead. Personally, I think women wearing flip flops or bare foot on a dance floor might as well be wearing signs that say "I don't know how to dress myself and I'm so shallow I chose to look good over being able to walk". But that's just me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards