Chit Chat

Girl Meets World show

Did anyone watch the premiere on Disney channel? I have no life so I did. It's cheesy of course but I loved it. Won't even lie- there's a new "Minkus" character and I found him absolutely hilarious. And Danielle Fishel looks stunning for her age. You should watch lol

Re: Girl Meets World show

• I heard it was terrible
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I thought it was cute. They haven't aged a bit, honestly! I was impressed. And yeah, it was cheesy, but it's Disney, and it's for kids. And for us adults who watched Boy Meets World, of course. Loved the Feeney cameo at the end. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I missed it.  But Disney reruns stuff 60 million times so I'm sure I'll find it again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really wished it would air on ABC family instead of disney channel Overall it was alright but pilots tend to be hit or miss and improve later. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I'm totally wishing I had Disney right now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yea the pilot was focused mainly on introducing the daughter but I'm excited for future episodes where Eric and Shawn will have cameos. And they definitely replayed it all weekend so you shouldn't have trouble catching it if you missed it.

• I DVRed it but haven't had a chance to get around to watching it. I'm excited though!

• I am so pissed that I completely forgot to watch or DVR it. I'm going to check tonight because I'm dying to check it our for myself
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I didn't love it :( 

BRING BACK ERIC MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!
  • I thought it was cute. I was expecting it to be cheesy and adorable - Its gonna be hard for me to adjust to Cory and Topanga not being the main characters - but it seems like it'll be an adorable show. I plan on continuing to watch it
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• jenna8984 said:
    Did anyone watch the premiere on Disney channel? I have no life so I did. It's cheesy of course but I loved it. Won't even lie- there's a new "Minkus" character and I found him absolutely hilarious. And Danielle Fishel looks stunning for her age. You should watch lol
    She's probably the same age as many of us; I don't look much different then when I was in my early 20s.  Your bolded comment is better suited for Helen Mirren or someone in their 60s not 30s. 

• Oh and there better be some cameos with Shawn Hunter!

• Loved it!  Thought their daughter was perfectly cast, she's cute.  I'll probably keep watching just for the chance of seeing some old favorites.  :)
  • jenna8984 said:
    She's probably the same age as many of us; I don't look much different then when I was in my early 20s.  Your bolded comment is better suited for Helen Mirren or someone in their 60s not 30s. 
    She's 33, in case anyone is curious (wikipedia).
  • MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:

I didn't mean it like she's an old hag. Just that she looks exactly like she did 10-15 years ago lol. I dunno, I find Ben Savage to look much older and more "mature" but I feel like her face still looks 20.

• slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:

I didn't mean it like she's an old hag. Just that she looks exactly like she did 10-15 years ago lol. I dunno, I find Ben Savage to look much older and more "mature" but I feel like her face still looks 20.

SIB

I think I'm just always surprised how "old" she is (even though obviously 33 isn't old) because I basically watched her grow up, then she was off my radar for years and then suddenly...BOOM.  Maxim cover...whereas how I remembered her was more along the lines of:

ETA:  Because I realized that perhaps boobies are not work friendly for everybody.  Because yes, I'm that sleepy this morning to realize that AFTER the fact.  I don't know how I'm allowed to get behind the wheel of a car without at least three cups of coffee in me.
    Anniversary

• I missed it, and now FI wants to cancel the cable for the summer. 

• jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:

Personally, I thought she looked really old in her teens and 20s. So it's really not surprising that she looks the same at 30. She's always had pretty "mature" features imo.
  • I missed it, and now FI wants to cancel the cable for the summer. 
    Can a happy sloth help a sad panda?

Anniversary

• Danielle Fishel is only one year older than I am. I remember when Boy Meets World started, the characters were the same age and grade as me. But there was some weird thing that happened when they went to high school and they ended up graduating 2 years before I did. 

• pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    C&E2009 said:

truth: I still watch Boy Meets World reruns when I find them :)

I own all the dvds! I actually really liked it so far. :)

Eta: really liked girl meets world so far is what I meant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but can't wait!  I have the DVR set to record it when it's back on!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• How old is the daughter supposed to be?? Bc Danielle fishelle is only 33 and the daughter looks 13 to me? No? I could be way off lol
  • SJM7538 said:
    How old is the daughter supposed to be?? Bc Danielle fishelle is only 33 and the daughter looks 13 to me? No? I could be way off lol
    I thought so too. Danielle is probably supposed to be like 37 and the daughter is probably supposed to be like 12? 

• According to wikipedia Riley (the daughter) is suppossed to be 12. BMW ended in 2000 so Topanga would've had her two years after the series ended. IRL she would've been 19/20 when the show ended, and I think she was close to the same age as her character, so lets say 20 (I think they spent two years in college), which would put her at 22 for having Riley and 34 on the show.

I'm not even watching this show but I still needed to do that math.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards