Chit Chat

Do you actually put StD magnets on your fridge?

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
I always do. But I'm not sure if it's worth it to spend the extra money if most other people don't. What do you do with a StD magnet?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Do you actually put StD magnets on your fridge? 126 votes

Stick that shit on the fridge
65% 83 votes
Look at it, note the date, and throw it away
3% 5 votes
Keep it in a drawer but don't display it
3% 5 votes
I've never gotten a magnet StD
14% 18 votes
I just want a margarita
11% 15 votes

Re: Do you actually put StD magnets on your fridge?

• I did STD magnets. Since I sent them out, I saw them on quite a few fridges in the homes of our family and friends. 
  • Trash 'em.  I don't even know where the on for my SISTER's upcoming wedding is. 

• I LOVE STD magnets! I even hang regular post card type ones on our fridge :) With that being said, IDK if I want to send out magnets with our pics on them (from our engagement session), or if I want to get ones with the NYC skyline that I really loved.

I chose option A for your poll above, but I really do just want a margarita.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I still have the magnet on my fridge from my sister's wedding, 5 years and 4 moves later.

I see our STD magnets on fridges regularly when we visit friends and family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I put it on the fridge until after the wedding and then I stick it in a box I have of old magnets. Yes, it is strange I have a box of old magnets but my dad used to collect them so I got half of them and my sister got half of them. So we both have boxes of old magnets that just sit there collecting dust.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    yes I do. Even if it's not a magnet I stick STD on the fridge. 

That said, on CBS SUNDAY morning they had an article about magnets. Because of a shift to stainless steal magnet companies have lost a lot of business because they do not stick on stainless steal. 

How sad :-(

I think I would have to find an alternative. I love things hanging on a fridge.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yep, I always hang them on my fridge (even the non-magnet) kind.

We did post cards, and I have seen them on every invitees fridge that I have visited since :)
  • Yep, I always hang them on my fridge (even the non-magnet) kind.

We did post cards, and I have seen them on every invitees fridge that I have visited since :)
    This is a good point.  I would probably stick a postcard to my fridge with a magnet as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I put them up on my fridge but only because they are a magnet.  When they aren't magnets they get thrown in the random pile of papers on my island and get lost in the shuffle only to be found 6 months later when I finally get around to filing the paperwork.

• I stick them on the fridge. But I don't look at them. I kind of just go, 'Oh! Wedding! Magnet! Fridge!' then forget about them.
    LOL!  This is me as well.  I think I mainly put them up because I can then use them to hold up other things on the fridge.

• This is probably a good reminder that I need to clean off my fridge of all the magnets of weddings that have already happened ...

We actually did some magnets and some postcards because we knew that the elder family members would not be likely to put an STD magnet on the fridge. 
  • We have one on our fridge... the wedding was over a year ago.  I would have thrown it out, but it's H's cousin and he wanted to keep it.  He also takes personalized favors from weddings.  I don't get it.
  • I have a magnetic white board by my desk, so that's where they go. The fridge is for takeout menus.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I have a magnetic white board by my desk, so that's where they go. The fridge is for takeout menus.
    Menus? Hello, Seamless! 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'll take a margarita. Make it a double please.

STDs usually go on my fridge whether it's a magnet or just a postcard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, I love the magnents, and they often stay up long after the wedding.

Anniversary
  • It seems like everytime I go to someone's house there is an StD magnet on the fridge, so I think it's safe to say most people don't toss them. I'm not sure how many people are actually using them as reminders or just to hold other things up on the fridge though.

• Yes, I do, and I have been to several people's houses who still have ours on their fridge over 2 years later. I like magnets, so I would keep it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I've never gotten a magnetic one but I put normal ones on my fridge until the wedding week then I throw it out. Except my brother's- his is still up 9 months after the wedding.

• Even when they aren't a magnet I pretty much always put them on the fridge. 
  • I have magnets from weddings that were 5 or 6 years ago.

I like magnets.
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I've never received one, but seen many on friend's fridges. I did put my cousin's StD on our fridge, even though she sent them 4 months before the wedding, misspelled my name and didn't include FI's last name. :)

And I do just want a margarita, but am on antibiotics and not drinking currently.
  • Don't ever make me choose between margaritas and anything else ever again.
    Sorry @lolo883.  Let it henceforth be known that everybody gets margaritas whether you choose to answer the StD question or not.

Should we go back to turtles as the default non-response? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I always stick them on my fridge.  If its a really close friend or family member I'll save them and use them all the time. If not, they sometimes get tossed.  I kind of wish I had done STD magnets. I feel like anytime we go to a friend or family's house they have our postcard STD stuck to the fridge any way. I guess it would've been more convenient to have STD magnets. I just wasn't sure if other people actually use the ones that they receive.
    Anniversary

• lyndausvi said:

That said, on CBS SUNDAY morning they had an article about magnets. Because of a shift to stainless steal magnet companies have lost a lot of business because they do not stick on stainless steal. 

Um...I have a stainless steel fridge and the magnets stick to it. IS IT NOT REAL STAINLESS STEAL?
  • daria24 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Um...I have a stainless steel fridge and the magnets stick to it. IS IT NOT REAL STAINLESS STEAL?
    Not necessarily. Stainless steel is an alloy, so it can have varying degrees of magnetism depending on its makeup.

• pinkcow13 said:
    I have a magnetic white board by my desk, so that's where they go. The fridge is for takeout menus.
    Menus? Hello, Seamless! 
    Most of our local places aren't on there. Plus, the menus they send in the mail have coupons on them!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• They go right on my fridge and I have a bunch accumulated over the year, even when we moved last year, the old ones went back on the fridge.

Anniversary

• LadyMillilLadyMillil member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I said I've never got at STD magnet. I've actually never got a STD for a wedding, usually just a verbal or FB message then the invitation. ETA: I do put invitations on the fridge with Game of Thrones magnets.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards