Michigan-Lansing

Wedding planner?

Hi!
I'm planning my wedding in Frankenmuth for May 2012, and I'm considering a wedding planner.  What I'd like to know is:
What are your expierences with a planner?
How much can I expect to pay for some help (looking primarily for help confirming everything within the last few weeks and the day of wedding help)?
Has anyone worked with a planner in the Flint/Saginaw area, would you recommend them?

Thanks for your help!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding planner?

• edited December 2011
    I use Ele3 Events and I LOVE them! I feel so much better knowing that they will be taking care of things so I have nothing to worry about on the day of! Good luck!
  • vantilkavantilka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at their website and loved it.  Are they helping you with the whole wedding, or just the day of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Tammara Kane from grandjourevents.com  I'm using her for my DOC for my May wedding and have been extremely impressed so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Hiring a planner can be a great option if you would rather have someone else deal with all of the vendors and itty bitty details.  I personally like having my hands in all of the details, so I didn't want a planner getting in my way.  I do recommend getting a DOC, for sure.  Everyone says that they're worth the money, and so far I tend to agree.  I'm using Lynn Lucas from W.E.D for my June wedding, and she seems like she's really on the ball.  She does full wedding planning in addition to being a DOC, depending on your needs.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My DD is also using Ele3 Events as a Day of Coordinator.  They are also doing the floral and linens for us.  They have been great to work with, always available to answer questions, recommend vendors and keep us on track.
  • vantilkavantilka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info everyone!  I think it's definitely worth a few phone calls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michgreenemichgreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This post got me super motivated to hire a DOC - I wasn't going to before, but I cannot get over ths irrational fear that none of my vendors will show up! I know they do this for a living, but I cannot get past it and I think having a professional there to handle all the details will be HUGE for peace of mind!
  • edited December 2011
    Also I think it gives you piece of mind knowing that the entire planning and responsibilities are not all on you.  Sure you have family that can help but wouldn't you rather them enjoy the day. 

I'm not saying that everyone should get a wedding planner but if your doing a large invite list and the reception venue isn't a package/put together place then a wedding planning or DOC could become real usefull. 

I recently attained services from Ele3 as well and right after our first meeting I felt so much better getting all of my ideas and thoughts out there to one person who knows exactly what I want and will know how to make my ideas come to life. 
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on the boards for quite some time now (3 time MOB!), but I adored working with Lynn Lucas from W.E.D.  I have one daughter to go, and she knows that when the time comes, Lynn will be a part of our planning.
  • MC+SLMC+SL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let you know that i hired Lynn as my wedding planner and so far she has been great! My big day is in October and things are really starting to fall together. I live out of town and wanted something a little different and she's been a HUGE help with everything.
  • edited December 2011
    She'll do amazing for your wedding :) She and her husband (who was our DJ) were our favorite hires for our wedding.  Have a wonderful day in October!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards