Connecticut

Clambake at the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park

Hi all, I am newly engaged and just starting the process of planning a wedding. We love the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park and are considering it for 2015, but are weary of finding caterers we like that will fit within our budget. We thought we might like to do a clambake style wedding. Does anyone know of a caterer that works with this venue, offers a clambake style reception, and is affordable (we are trying to stay under $70/pp)? I have contacted a few caters for ideas on pricing but wanted to see if anyone on here has recommendations. I've read through past threads on this venue for ideas but haven't seen anything about clambakes. 

Any other input, suggestions, opinions on this venue are welcome as well :) We realize this venue will require a lot of work and planning as compared to banquet facilities, but we cannot see ourselves having a banquet wedding (nothing against them, they just aren't us). 

Ideas of other non-banquet venues are also welcome! 

Re: Clambake at the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park

• hi fyi they dont have a lot of saturdays in 2015 open :(
  • There are a lot of caterers that offer clambake menus. Not sure if they work specifically with Lighthouse Point Park. A few that come to mind:

Clambake Connection

Captain John's

The Outdoor Cookers

Fjord Fisheries

• Thanks for the suggestions! I know about the Saturdays, but we're not ready to reserve until we explore our options some more. If we get stuck with a Sunday we'll be ok with it.
  • Just a suggestion - Amarantes (right down the street) offers a clambake wedding reception.  Might be worth checking out.
  • PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
    weary = tired
    wary = cautious
    leery = suspicious

not trying to be a grammar nazi, but i'm really sick of hearing the word weary when people really mean to say wary or leery

Carry on...
  • Thanks danielle, I'll definitely check them out! 

Lisa, I'll be more wary with my grammar use on this forum from now on. 
  • I'm having a clambake wedding at Lighthouse Point Park later this year.  We're using Clambake Connection for the catering.  We've been to (and hosted) events catered by them before and have always been very impressed with the food and service.  Maria, who handles all of the logistics for their events, is absolutely wonderful, and she has experience working with the Lighthouse Point Park team for weddings.  I can't say enough great things about them - feel free to PM me for details.
  • I have heard that Clambakes of CT is a great catering company and I am looking into them for my wedding next summer (I don't have much information yet though). Hope your search is going well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards