Food and Cakes

Groom's Cake?

What are everyone's thoughts on a groom's cake? I have done just a little checking into it but when I'm spending so much on cake is a groom's cake really necessary?

Re: Groom's Cake?

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Grooms cakes are not necessary.  They are an additional thing to have if you really want it and have the budget for it.

Personally, if you have a cake with multiple flavors then a grooms cake is kind of pointless, IMO.

• Not necessary at all. 

In the last couple years, we've been to a lot of weddings and I've only seen a grooms cake at 2 of them.
    *********************************************************************************

• We did not have a groom's cake at our wedding but did opt for a more-groom themed (DH's favorite football team) cake at our rehearsal dinner.  It was sort of but not really a groom's cake - more like an excuse to have cake two nights in a row.
    Anniversary

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!)
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Ehhh, I don't really see a reason for it at a wedding.  Totally fine for the rehearsal dinner.
  • beachyone15beachyone15 TEXAS (the home of my exes)
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    It's tradition in my circle to have a groom's cake, but since FI doesn't like cake he wanted a "cookie bar". We'll still have our wedding cake as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ElcaBElcaB
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    Skip it. 

In my experience, groom's cakes usually go unnoticed and most of it ends up being wasted. 
  • chibiyuichibiyui The Boring Part of MD
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Totally not necessary. We did one cause we wanted to, but it's not a big deal, and no one would miss it.

Anniversary
  • It is not mandatory. My FI wanted one and there was room for it in the budget, so we did one. It's up to you as a coupel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards