40-Plus Brides

Oh thank goodness!

I am so happy to have found this board! I am 44 and just got engaged for the first time this past weekend. It will be a first wedding for both of us. My FI and I don't want a big wedding as we're both serious introverts, so we're planning to go somewhere like Disney with just us and my 13 year old daughter. That way she can be involved (important to us) and then we'll take a honeymoon later on that's just the two of us. I've been looking for somewhere to talk to people in my age group, since I just can't relate to the younger brides I've read. It's so nice to find I'm not the only one who feels this way; I thought it was just me!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Oh thank goodness!

• @foundmymagicgeek  welcome!   I was happy to find the board too!

Love your name...  glad you found your geek!    Disney sounds great!   We're doing Las Vegas, there is something fun for everyone there too and I loved the hotels all inclusive packages.  Lot's of choices.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Fairyjen1Fairyjen1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Disneyland or Disneyworld? We are getting married at Disneyland on October 13th. We took their small package and are having mostly immediate family (and one or two friends who are like family). If you have any questions or want to look at any of the materials they sent me PM me with your e-mail address :) 

We are huge Disney fans. My engagement ring has Mickey Mouse on it, most likely our wedding band will too and we got engaged at Disneyworld at the top of the Contemporary resort :)

Edited because TK took away my paragraphs!
  • Congratulations on your engagement!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards