Gay Weddings

NEW! TK's Gay Wedding Guide

edited June 2014 in Gay Weddings
Hey Knotties! 

Just in case you haven't already checked it out, here's the link the digital issue of Gay Weddings by The Knot
Download the Gay Weddings app from the App Store, Google Play, or Amazon to read the issue on your iOS, Android or Kindle device– or read it on your desktop on ISSUU.com:

iTunes

Amazon

Google Play

ISSUU.com

Enjoy!!
KP

Re: NEW! TK's Gay Wedding Guide

• MagicInk said:
    Why doesn't The Knot just make The Knot completely inclusive? Our weddings aren't that different. We don't need a separate "gay wedding guide" just include us in the "straight wedding guide", which I assume is what you regular wedding guide is called now, right?

Will you also come up with a black wedding guide? An interracial wedding guide? A Jewish wedding guide?

Nah, just keep putting us over there in the special box. That'll make us feel happy. Look you can get married! But please, lets keep you all separate from the regular wedding people. Nicely done TK. Nicely done.
    Just stopping by to say 100% this.  
    Anniversary

• Well it's July now. Gay Pride is over. Guess you TK no longer has to worry about being inclusive and featuring gay couples the same way as straight couples. See ya next year when you tell me my relationship is as good as for one whole month. 
  • Hi there- thanks for your feedback. We feature many gay weddings throughout our national and regional magazines - love is love and we LOVE that! Sorry to hear you feel this way. The special edition was done to feature even more of these beautiful events. 
  • And yet, everything I read on the website (outside of the forums) is all targeted at brides marrying grooms. 

Offbeat bride manages to use gender neutral terms and not just write for ladies marrying fellas. If they can do it, why can't TK? 
  • MagicInk said:
    And yet, everything I read on the website (outside of the forums) is all targeted at brides marrying grooms. 

Offbeat bride manages to use gender neutral terms and not just write for ladies marrying fellas. If they can do it, why can't TK? 

• Hi there. We agree! Weddings aren't just for brides marrying grooms. I'm so sorry if anything on the site or in the magazines has come off that way. We definitely make an effort to be gender (religion, tradition, etc) neutral. Every wedding is unique and totally personal. My mission with our editorial team is to make that come across. Some pieces may slip through the cracks and if you ever come across anything, please email me the link so I can address it (rdolgin@xogrp.com). Thanks for helping to make the site and planning experience better for everyone! I appreciate the feedback. 
  • @KnotPorscha - Who is Knot RebeccaD?  They have one post and they are implying they work for TK but they don't have "admin" under their name.  What's the story?
  • Hi there. We agree! Weddings aren't just for brides marrying grooms. I'm so sorry if anything on the site or in the magazines has come off that way. We definitely make an effort to be gender (religion, tradition, etc) neutral. Every wedding is unique and totally personal. My mission with our editorial team is to make that come across. Some pieces may slip through the cracks and if you ever come across anything, please email me the link so I can address it (rdolgin@xogrp.com). Thanks for helping to make the site and planning experience better for everyone! I appreciate the feedback. 
    I call bullshit on the bold/hightlighted part.  Nothing on TheKnot is gender neutral.  Everything when setting up the website (groom, groomsmen, etc.) was gender specific.   Every article is specific to brides/grooms, etc.   If you are making an effort to be gender neutral, you are failing miserably.
  • When I set up my account fairly recently I felt it was accommodating, but not inclusive. I was pleased the drop downs allowed me to select we were both Brides, but when you get to the budgeted part it reverts to bride expenses and groom expenses, ect... So you're not all inclusive yet. Maybe you'll be on board by the time the Supreme Court makes their ruling - IMO way too long for you to take to be inclusive, considering we gays get married whether it's "recognized" by our state or not.
  • This is my first time coming back since the wedding, and I want to add pictures, but I am very put off by the fact that there is no place to put pictures of my bride, unless I choose for her to be the "groom". 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that is the saddest thing ever @SheMarie82‌
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards