Wisconsin

Vendor Reviews - Milwaukee June 2014

We married this past month and I thought I would give a review of some of my vendors as i know how hard it was to distinguish between vendors sometimes.

Venue: The Miller Room - A+ - Guests loved our venue.  This is a perfect space for a medium sized wedding.  We had about 175 people including children and I wouldn't add any more people.  This would be a great space for 125-150 people.  The view is gorgeous with a patio that opens up to views of the Art Museum, Discovery World, and the Lakefront.  It's also owned by the parks district which is great because room rental was much more reasonable than some of it's counterparts along the lake front.  You are required to use Zilli's as your vendor when using them but we loved Zilli's so that's ok.  Coast is a sister venue next door, we did all our tastings their and I imagine their venue to be just as great with the same view and similar outdoor space

Caterer: Zilli's - A+ - We can't say enough about Zilli's.  They were be awesome to work with.  Our coordinator Candy Zilli was two steps ahead of us our everything anticipating our every questions and needs.  I found the price reasonable when comparing major caterers.  The food, presentation, and wait staff were all excellent.  We got many compliments from our guests.  My mom even works in hospitality and her boss was there who owns multiple hotel chains and is use to 5 star banquet spaces.  He even commented on the job Zilli's did and how well they showcased everything and the top notch service.

DJ: DJ's on the Mix - C - Our one disappointment of the night.  We were required to use as they are contracted with the Miller Room space.  The communication was poor leading up to the event.  When I did get ahold of the DJ the conversation was just ok not what I would expect of a buisness operation.  Through the night the DJ was yelling at our wedding party lining up for the grand march, refused to play a song for a guest telling him the couple requested it not to be played (we did not have a Do Not Play list), and only played a song for another guests after 4 different people requested it and someone finally paid him to play it.  Not a good experience, but overall had no affect on our night.

Flowers Mayflower: A+ - Gail did an amazing job with the flowers.  They were just what we had talked about.  I had a difficult order having a different boquet and boutiner for every wedding party member in different colors.  Gail was perfect and the flowers turned out better than what we talked about.  Everything was delivered right on time.  And our flowers actually last for a week before they started to really wilt.  I also had a couple last minute changes Gail had no issues accomodating.

Transportation: Black Line Limo - A- - Great company overall, the bus was perfect and clean, and well stocked.  Communication was great before hand.  I just thought the driver could have been alittle more friendly and knowledgeable.  We didn't have any bad experiences with him but we did need to get him directions when going to major Milwaukee landmarks. 

Jewelery: Lake Country Jewelers, Pewaukee WI, - A+ - I was recommended to them through family who has used them in the past.  Amazing jewelers and worth the drive out to Pewaukee.  I had a family heirloom necklace that was almost a 100 years old I wanted to wear.  They were able to rework the necklace so it fit me perfectly and made earrings that were a perfect match.  Family and friends were astonished when I told them it wasn't a set but that the pieces were made almost a 100 years apart.

And the stars of our show..... Our Photographer and Videographer

Photo - Jadon Good - A++ - Jadon was just amazing.  He did our engagement pictures and wedding, plus the photobooth.  He was always on top of communication usually getting back to me in an hour or less.  The few pictures we have seen were so beautiful and that was just a small sample on his camera or online.  We can't wait to see the real pictures.  My parents thought it was a little pricey at first but after seeing the teaser they are singing his praises and that he is worth every penny.  I can't put into words Jadon's amazing attitude and spirit.  He had us laughing all day and worked great with our group.  Jadon followed a sheet of our "must have shots" and added his own suggestions for some beautiful looking shots.  We just can't wait to see the finish product.  He was great with our guests too and many people commented on how enjoyable our photographers and videographers were.

Video - Sweet Pea Cinema - A++ - Cindy and her husband Dean were another joy to work with.  We loved our pre-wedding meetings with them and they were fabulous the day of the event.  Again we can't put into words how creative they are and how beautiful their work turned out.  We've already got a 1 minute teaser back from Cindy two weeks after the wedding and I much of watched it 20+ times.  Family memebers still tear up when they watch the 1 minute clip.  I feel like Cindy and Dean also have some great talents I don't see with all videographers.  They had mics in very strategic locations so we've had perfect audio through the clips.  There also may have been a drone flying around our venue getting some amazing ariel shots of the lakefront.  Again Sweet Pea surpassed our expectations 100 times over.

And on a side note with Jadon and Sweet Pea, they worked so perfectly together for never shooting together before our wedding.  You would have thought they had worked together for years.  Both parties come with such a great attitude about our wedding and put their ego's aside it made our wedding day a pure joy.  I was sad to see them go.

So that was just alittle review of who I used.  Hope that helps someone as I know I was so overwhelmed with vendors when I was planning.

Re: Vendor Reviews - Milwaukee June 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards