Honeymoon Discussions

Puerto Rico

Hi Ladies!  I'm helping my friend plan her wedding and she needs some help with her honeymoon. She wants to go to PR and has never been before. Here is what she is looking for: gorgeous beach is must (hotel must be located right on beach - hoping for beach view room), resort with plenty of dining options, close (ideally walking distance or $5-10 cab ride) to trendy areas with more dining/shopping options.  Nearby other touristy locations. Right now she is looking at Marriott Stellaris and La Concha. Any other recs?

Re: Puerto Rico

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

I stayed across the street from the Marriott Stellaris and I really enjoyed the area.  I highly recommend Orozcos for dinner which is walking distance from either hotel...probably just 3-4 minutes!  It was about a $20 cab ride from the airport for us.  We stayed two nights prior to boarding a cruise in San Juan.  It'll be about a $20 cab ride to go to Old San Juan which is nice to do for a day as well.  We also went to the fort.

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    There is a beautiful Wyndham but it's farther from town. 
  • What about something more along the lines of a bed and breakfast? One we're looking at is http://www.trespalmasinn.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I stayed in PR for a few nights on my honeymoon before a cruise and we stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and had an oceanfront room. It was nice the staff was super friendly and the beach was fun. I also second orozcos the food was good and not expensive from what I remember.
  • What about something more along the lines of a bed and breakfast? One we're looking at is http://www.trespalmasinn.com

I stayed at Trespalmasinn.com   I personally loved it, but if you are looking for a bed & breakfast, this isn't it.  it's a very quaint, cute hotel across the street from the beach.   The rooms are nice & clean, and it's generally close to everything, although, not in walking distance of anything really (other than the beach).   Old San Juan and downtown San Juan is a short bus or cab ride away.  

I liked this place, because it WAS out of the way, and not in the madness of downtown or old town.  I liked that it was a little bit out of the way.   But, if you are looking at being in the heart of it all, especially night life, this isn't it.  

this is a photo from my room at Tres Palmas.  :)

• My fiancee and I have travelled to PR for the last two years, and even got engaged there last year! Both times we stayed at the Ritz Carlton and the experience was a dream. If they can swing it financially, I would highly recommend. The beach, pool and hotel are absolutely breathtaking and nothing beats the ambiance and service they will experience!
  • Are you talking about the new el Dorado Ritz down there?
    That looks amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards