Louisiana-Baton Rouge

RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS VENUE!!!

I generally don't rant about businesses-I just make up in my mind I will not use them again and keep it moving-but I have to tell EVERYONE about my reception facility nightmare...

At first glance the place was gorgeous and in meeting with the owner we were very impressed with everything we heard.

BIGGGGGG Mistake....a few weeks prior we received an email stating that we could send the remaining balance through the mail with a check. We preferred to go in and pay cash/credit card, because we had some changes to make. My fiance was going to take care of this because of my having to be out of town. Well he got sick and called to tell the owner that he needed to reschedule their meeting-which she agreed to. I came back to the next day and went in to take care of everything. Our numbers increased by 75 so I paid the balance and the overage. The owner kept insisting that we would go over and that we really needed to give her a credit card to cover the overages. As we were paying for everything I was real adamant about my numbers and told her as much. Later that night I received an email from her stating that she would have to have the guard close the doors once the limit was met or I could bring her an additional $1500.00. I told her that the guards closing the door would be fine because we had a guest list and people assigned to check guests off as they entered.

Fast forward to our wedding day. My baker went to deliver a cake and was told she could not but she could bring it back once the reception started. Our wedding started at 5:30 p.m., and as per the written instructions provided to the owner, the doors were to open at the reception facility at 6:50 p.m. When my people arrived at 6:30 p.m. there were already people at the bar and in the food line. Who were these people??? Once we arrived we were essentially herded in and pushed around like unwanted toys....the experience was horrible. The owner cut out most of my pictures and "specials" I wanted (mother-son dance, mother-daughter dance, etc.). She and her staff were extrememly rude to older guests, my bridal party, my photographer, ANNNDDD my husband-who had walked outside to get a change of shoes from his vehicle.

At the end of the night after we had left, my mother was prevented from leaving because supposedly we were over almost 75 extra people. My mother called me and in my dress and tennis shoes I returned....needless to say it was not a good scene.

Stage One is Baton Rouge is the biggest scam of a reception facility there is! Run Run as far as you can away from this place! Don't waste your time or your money!

Re: RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS VENUE!!!

• My friend had her reception there, and I agree about them being rude! I don't doubt one second they did all that to you.
  • Thanks for the tip! I was initially considering them for my wedding venue, but after reading these 2 posts, I think I may just scratch them off my list all together!! Any other recommendations in the Baton Rouge, Gonzales area?? I am interested in the Gatehouse! Have u heard anything about that place! I've heard great things!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_run-far-away-from-this-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:be1b199c-2e8c-4c3e-b477-95a11cb67abcPost:7821659b-bda9-457e-b901-51b47746a163">Re:RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS VENUE!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tip! I was initially considering them for my wedding venue, but after reading these 2 posts, I think I may just scratch them off my list all together!! Any other recommendations in the Baton Rouge, Gonzales area?? I am interested in the Gatehouse! Have u heard anything about that place! I've heard great things!
    Posted by traceyalleman1[/QUOTE]

<div>I have just heard that it is smaller. I was at the wedding of the original post and I felt sorry for my friend. She didnt get to dance with her son, the owner took over the photographers job and 90% of the reception was spent with us watching pictures being taken and us standing in line for food...Pretty place with UGLY ways!</div>
  • I think the gate house is owned by the same people that stage one is.
  • I can't speak for Stage One but we are planning on having our wedding at The Gatehouse in June. So far we have had a positive experience. 

The Gatehouse is owned by a family member of Stage One. I'm sorry you had a negative experience! I hope to be able to give a more detailed review after our wedding.

D
  • I am getting married at Parc 73 and am loving the experience. The kindest people you will ever meet. So far... lol.

Thanks for letting me know about Stage One. I was considering there.
  • Getting married at Fleur de lis event center in Mandeville - they have been absolutely wonderful so far. I have heard nothing but good things from people who have had their weddings there!
  • We just sent in our deposit to the grande pavilion in gonzales. Their prices are a little higher,  but you get so much more for the price.  They include four hours,  dj,  wedding and grooms cake in their price, and twenty food items that are all included, no picking and choosing.  It's just twenty mins from baton rouge.  We got a quote from reflections, and for half the food, one less hour and no cake it was $150 more.  Seriously check them 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards