Connecticut
Options

Ceremony?

We do not belong to a church, but prefer to get married in one. My families church is about an hour away from our reception venue Bill Miller's Castle. Does anyone know of a church near Branford that will let you get married if not a remember and  play your own music for the ceremony and not an organ/piano?

Re: Ceremony?

• Options
    I think you will find that many churches will be reluctant to allow you to use them for your ceremony since you are not a member.  Truly sincere question: if belonging to a church isn't a priority in your life, why is it a priority for your wedding?
  • Options
    Usually, churches expect you to have some tie to the church or attend church where you live.  For instance, my cousin got married in the church where both of them were baptized which isn't the church they attend regularly but they do attend church regularly where they live. 

Also, depending on the church, having a church wedding usually means choosing songs from a list they provide you and some do not allow non-secular music. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly didn't find churches to be reluctant to use them for your ceremony if you were not a member. Most will just ask for a non-member fee. They will give priority to members but usually not not have restrictions for non-members. Best thing to do would be to call around and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards