Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Virginia Beach recommendations?

We'll be taking our honeymoon to Virginia Beach. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay and things to do?

Re: Virginia Beach recommendations?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I lived there for 9 years and am moving back in a few days. There are a ton of hotels at the oceanfront as well as throughout town. I've been to many of their restaurants but never stayed in any of the oceanfront Hotels. DH's family stayed at Springfield Suites for our wedding and it was pretty nice. Depending on the time of year you can hit the beach. The oceanfront also has a small amusement park and several mini golf courses. There is a water park, whale watching cruises, an aquarium. In Norfolk (which is right on the border of VA Beach) there is a zoo, botanical gardens, lunch and dinner cruises (Spirit of Norfolk). Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg are about an hour away. Yorktown is also about an hour and has tons of historical stuff as well and they do some specialty river cruises. ETA: I swear I had paragraphs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! We'll be going October 5th so hopefully it'll still be nice enough. We'd love to stay at an oceanfront hotel that is pretty nice and affordable.
  • Options
    Thanks! We'll be going October 5th so hopefully it'll still be nice enough. We'd love to stay at an oceanfront hotel that is pretty nice and affordable.
    You will be able to walk on the beach. I love going in the fall and spring when it's not cold, but not boiling, and the crowds are gone. It depends on where you are from if you want to brave the water.  There won't be any lifeguards on duty.  At that time of the year Busch Gardens is only open weekends for Hallowscream but that can be pretty fun.  The park is fully open and they just have a few extra things set up. Since it will be outside of tourist season you can probably get a pretty decent deal on a hotel.  

As a transplanted Yankee I never wore my winter coat prior to Thanksgiving but it will be jacket weather, at least in the evenings.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards