Michigan-Grand Rapids

Affordable ceremony sites in GR area?

So my fiance and I are trying to find an affordable ceremony site in the Grand Rapids area, and we're having a hard time. We don't belong to a church (which makes it harder) and most places we find that we like are in the $1200 range. 

So here are the deets:
  • 180-190 guests
  • Reception at Bissel Treehouse. They do offer ceremony, but the spot where we can have one can only seat 100 or we'd have to pay an arm and a leg for chairs 
  • Don't want to spend more than $600
Any ideas GR brides?!

Answers

• I just found the Salvation Army Kroc Center!  They have an outside amphitheater which seats 350 or an indoor ceremony area.  Pretty sure they do just ceremonies, but i'm waiting on a response back to make sure of that.  Have you looked at any parks around here?
  • Spring Grove Park in Grandville/Hudsonville is a nice outdoor ceremony place! You would have to rent chairs, but it is VERY inexpensive to rent the park, especially if you are only renting the ceremony site for a small amount of time. It is right off the highway & would be about 15 minutes from your reception. Its gorgeous too!!
  • We're getting married at Wege Plaza in East Grand Rapids-it's on top of the library on the "green roof" and overlooks Reeds Lake. It was only $484 to rent it for 3 hours, and to rent a "getting ready room" for an hour before the ceremony. You would have to rent your own chairs and your party may be too big to use the backup room in case of bad weather, but it's worth checking out. It is BEAUTIFUL. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards