November 2014 Weddings

Color Scheme

The wedding is 11/29- would you decorate for Christmas or Fall?  I was leaning towards Christmas b/c "tis the season."  Thoughts?

Re: Color Scheme

• Are you a 'christmas' person?  What combos appeal to you most?

It doesn't have to be christmas.  It could be 'winter' as well.  You could just do a cool toned color palette:

Christmas/winter color schemes:
    - deep green and silver (I saw a wicked bouquet of silver broaches.  It was heavy though, lol)
    - Ivory and rose gold (Vendella roses are gorgeous)
    - champagne and cranberry
    - Slate grey and navy (and a splash of bronze maybe)

Fall colors:
    - Orange and chocolate brown
    - Rust red and mustard
    - Tan and gold
    - Goldenrod yellow and Tiffany blue

Which season gives you the warmest, fuzziest feeling inside?  Go with that scheme!

We leaned towards rich colors that could be fall or christmas.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• You really could go either way with late November. It might help to let the venue be your guide as well. Ours has a sage green focal wall and a red and green carpet and I knew right away I did not want red or green decor because it was going to be way too matchy. We chose black and champagne after I saw the tables set with black napkins and I loved how well that worked. If you want to embrace both seasons, cranberry would be gorgeous for either one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with @CTYankeeBride about letting the venue guide you in your color scheme.

We are getting married at a ski resort, so the lodge has a woodsy/ cabin/ cozy feel (I'm going to punch the next person who says rustic).  Even though we love greens, the space is mostly reds, so by adding greens we would have been too Christmasy (for our taste).

We decided wheat and cranberry to accent the space, but we are mixing in oranges and avoiding white and gold to make it feel more like late fall than winter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't like fall colors so I'd lean more towards winter. I'm staying away from seasonal decorations though and doing it to the color scheme that I would no matter what date we picked. If we had decided on July 4th our wedding colors or theme wouldn't be red, white and blue or America...it'd still be black, white, and silver.

• Our colors are cranberry(deep red, claret, whatever they are calling it today)/gold/ivory. The decor did re-enforce this. The chairs were painted gold and the table cloths were ivory. I agree, look at the venue and see what fits best, then work around it that way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am getting married 11-29 as well! I wanted to avoid too much Christmas and too much fall so I went with cranberry, eggplant and then gold (like mercury glass so gold/silver tones). So it still hints at the season but isn't focused around the season. 
  • I am actually getting married on the 24th and we are going for purples and silvers.  I agree with everyone, do what you like and make sure your room reinforces your colors.
  • I'm getting married on the 28th and we had to option of letting the venue know if we wanted them to decorate for the Christmas season.  We opted for no decorating since we aren't going with a Christmas/winter theme.  Even though it's November we are actually going with a beach theme.  We are those crazy Jersey people that go to the beach even in the winter.  My fiancé surfs all year long so the beach theme just works for us.  I liked that we had the option of decorating or not so there will not be any christmas trees in our pics!
  • @cmackenzie8782 That's really awesome that you were given the option and you're having a beach theme (if they can get away with Christmas in July, you can get away with Summer in November!). If I were using a venue that decorated, I probably would have just gone with a wintery theme, as long as their decorations were cheap looking and tastefully decorated!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards