Pre-wedding Parties
Options

michigan bachelorette party ideas in April

Hi!

I keep going back and forth with ideas for my Bachelorette party that I want to look into (standard...Grand Rapids, Chicago, etc.) My wedding is in early June and I would be having the party in April most likely due to May being inconvenient timing for my MOH. I need some ideas for a weekend get a way in April (weather can still be pretty crummy that time of year in MI) that doesn't include Royal Oak (I currently live there) or Traverse City (Where my wedding will take place).  Open to anything...but like a good bar scene and things to do during the day (shopping, wine tasting or whatever) if we went away fro the weekend.Thanks in advance!!

Re: michigan bachelorette party ideas in April

• Options
    What I would do is communicate to the person who offered to host your party what you're interested in (e.g. bar scene, spa scene, etc.) and any deal breakers (e.g. you do/don't want strippers, etc.) and let them take it from there.

Personally I'd vote for Chicago in April. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    yes I just wanted to narrow down some ideas to give to my Maid of Honor so she could work out the details between 2-3 different locations that I'm fond of and let her take it from there at that point. I was just wanting to see if there were any locations in Michigan for that time of year that I haven't thought of! :)
  • Options
    atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Lake cabin--somewhere like Saginaw would be pretty.  

My bachelorette party was in April this year.  We went to Chicago.  Friday and Saturday were really warm--sundresses!  Sunday the bad weather rolled in and it dropped 30 degrees.  Pack accordingly.  

We had an awesome time in Chicago--Friday, went to lunch at Bandera, shopping, dinner at Ralph Lauren, drinks at Nomi.  Saturday--chilled at coffee shop, found bridal lingerie, sushi at Friends Sushi outside by the flower boxes, hit up the designer district, went to afternoon tea at the Peninsula, dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant--Le Colonial--and then (the clincher!) drinks at The Aviary.  You have to get tickets in advance, craft drinks come out in things like treasure chests full of smoke!  Sunday we went walking, brunch in the park at North Pond, trip to Pleasure Chest.  All low key, fun, and luxe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards