Moms and Maids

Who to invite on the bachelorrette party?

I am my sisters Maid of Honor and  planning her bachelorette party. My sister is having a very small wedding, immediate family and a few of her closest friends. I am planning a low key bachelorette party on a lake for a day with yard games, floating, a picnic, and of course fun drinks. Since her wedding guest list is so small (about 40 people, immediate family and her closest friends for a low-key Sunday afternoon park wedding) is it appropriate to invite others that aren't invited to the wedding? It's been well communicated that her wedding is going to be  very small, but I'm not sure if I should invite her other friends that aren't invited to the wedding.  I want it to be a fun day for her and I know she has lots of friends (the main reason for the small wedding is to keep the budget down), so do I invite girls that aren't invited to the wedding?

Re: Who to invite on the bachelorrette party?

• You should only invite people to pre-wedding parties that are invited to the wedding. FWIW, we only invited 35 people to our wedding. Since we had such a small guest list there were only 8 girls invited to my bach party. We had an absolute blast!
  • Only invite people who are invited to the wedding. Small weddings mean smaller showers, bachelorette parties, etc. Just goes with the territory. I'm sure you'll have a great time with a small group though!
    *********************************************************************************

• No, it's not polite to invite anyone to a pre- or post-wedding party who is not invited to the wedding.  That includes showers and bachelor/ette parties.  Unfortunately, a small wedding means that related events must of necessity also be small.  Hopefully you can still have a good time.
  • I think that if you're stuck you should show your sister the list of ppl you want to invite. Just in case she wants to add or take anyone off it. You never know she might want or not want someone there.
  • I am my sisters Maid of Honor and  planning her bachelorette party. My sister is having a very small wedding, immediate family and a few of her closest friends. I am planning a low key bachelorette party on a lake for a day with yard games, floating, a picnic, and of course fun drinks. Since her wedding guest list is so small (about 40 people, immediate family and her closest friends for a low-key Sunday afternoon park wedding) is it appropriate to invite others that aren't invited to the wedding? It's been well communicated that her wedding is going to be  very small, but I'm not sure if I should invite her other friends that aren't invited to the wedding.  I want it to be a fun day for her and I know she has lots of friends (the main reason for the small wedding is to keep the budget down), so do I invite girls that aren't invited to the wedding?
    No, that's extremely rude.  Only people who are invited to the wedding itself can be invited to pre-wedding events.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards