October 2014 Weddings

Invites are never going in the mail

This is why I should never DIY, or have someone help me DIY. My cousin is super crafty and offered to make invites for me. She made a couple samples, we picked one. All I had to do was print them and get the supplies to make them. Well. I got the paper purchased, got them printed and had my mom drop them off when she was there today. I didn't buy the stupid ribbon and flowers. That involves a two hour round trip to the store (which I have no time for) or ordering online and waiting on it. Ugh. Hopefully my fiance feels like going to town one day this week.

Re: Invites are never going in the mail

• Try not to stress, although its hard for me to even follow that advice. Everything will work out :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also DIYing my invites. I'm doing a pocket layered invite.  I have everything...most of them are printed, I just need to put them together.  I did like 25 of them.... But I have so many more to go I feel like it's never going to get done.  :-( and I have no one to help me put them together.  UGH.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I feel the same! I have designed, printed and put together only about half of my invites...seems like it's never ending!
  • can I just say, I hate gluedots. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We're going to haul the kids out on Friday night after work to go pick up stuff. I think we'll be okay. Maybe. We need to get the RSVPs printed too so I can start pre-addressing those dumb things.
  • I did partial DIY, and then got all the inside stuff printed, and they look great, they're ready and good to go...
    except the stamps. 

I ordered stamps and they should have been here a week ago, but they "accidentally" got sorted into the wrong tray and ended up in California... where they have now been sitting for several days.  If I don't get the stamps this week, I'll just have to go buy more I suppose.  Our invitations are being sent in about a week and half!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to DIY them. even bought some. then I decided against it. I guess I am lazy, lol. but I wouldn't stress. its only mid july you still have well over a month before you need to send them out! that's a long time!
  • ashwise said:
    can I just say, I hate gluedots. 
    Yes, yes you can! I added a lace ribbon bellyband to my invites and they were a nightmare to work with!

To OP, just take it one day at a time.  Ask your girlfriends to come over, have some wine, watch a movie, and get to work.  I had some help, and they were finished in no time.  This doesn't help the 2 hour drive situation, but it will work out and they will be beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • ashwise said:
    can I just say, I hate gluedots. 
    I know!! I had never used them before, and thought they would be easy. I hate trying to get one dot off the damn roll without ruining the others. 
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Glue dots are the devil. I remember them from my scrapbooking days.
    My cousin sent me a text that everything is cut, so I just have to pick up the rest of the stuff today after work and haul it over. I think we'll be okay. I'm just a basket case about everything all the time, even non-wedding stuff ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards