Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Receptions: in suite vs dinner vs full on reception

Newly engaged MN resident- Vegas wedding. My family has been to vegas multiple times. I want a stress free, fun wedding with about 60 people. I have been agonizing over the in suite vs dinner vs locating a reception hall. MGM suite looks amazing! My hesitation is due to wanting some traditional ventures: first dance, father/daughter, and private jam outs for everyone. Has anyone been known to get a dj for an in room suite? Would there be a noise issue? I don't really want to fumble with being my own dj; however, I am also not sure if I want a full sit down reception.. Would love any suggestions, thoughts, ideas!

Re: Receptions: in suite vs dinner vs full on reception

• Options
    I've seen lots of reviews of people having an in suite with a dj and there doesn't seem to have been any noise issues but I think you have such a nice number to have a sit down dinner somewhere with a dance floor maybe Maggiano's, I'd be much more stressed worrying about getting guests into the room, noise issues and getting the food and drink in and out etc.
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I agree with spoon, I haven't seen issues with noise complaints but I have read some hotels don't allow in suite receptions and I would hate to have an issue. We are getting a private room at wicked spoon for our reception which I feel is a great comprimise for us. We can play music and dance (we are using a premade list). There will be cake cutting, speeches and first dances but it will be shorter. We felt traveling to vegas and doing things too traditionally defeated the vegas wedding. After our dinner we are taking a party bus on a strip your and going to a nightclub afterwards. This felt right to us. It was also very important to FI and I the we take care of our guests completely with full meals and drinks and entertainment, with out being overly structured. For us, it was also cheaper to do all of that than pay for a suite that would appropriately accomodate all of our guests, worry about seating and clean up. There are lots of restaurants that offer private rooms of all different sizes on the strip.
  • Options
    I am doing an in-suite with DJ and dancing, etc. Going to be a blast!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I am still on the hunt for everything.. sigh. @nyvegaslove can I ask where and how many guest you are having? I have read great reviews about Maggiano's
  • Options
    @13049 I can't wait to hear all your reviews! Your wedding sounds exactly what we are looking for including Wicked Spoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Futuremrshauger‌ -
    Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite
    55 guests
  • Options
    @A did Wicked Spoon give you a price per person? We are considering Wicked Spoon too, but we haven't called on pricing yet.
  • Options
    @nyvegaslove tell me more! I mean I planning on 60; what's 5 more… right? Are you utilizing their catering? I read it can be a hassle without side caters. Where are you having your ceremony? 

Have you already posted details somewhere on this blog and I just making you repeat..? (if so sorry!). 
  • Options
    They quoted me $41 pp but when I asked for the room for 3 hours..they quoted me $51pp. Kind of irritated by that as they extra time is to do dances and speeches so I need to look into it. They also had a $3,000 room minimum which the $41/$51 would count towards. Keep in mind my date is April 11, 2015 (Saturday and April is popular). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning on a weekday right before Christmas, so hopefully we can get a lower minimum. I don't think we will worry about dancing and whatnot there.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info! I just wish there was consistent info on the amount of people that were allowed! I should have just called :) 
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We paid $38pp. Midweek dinner price and we added $10 pp for the bottomless wine.
  • Options
    @cerenityleigh‌ ~
    Reception: Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite; 50-55 people; using DJ Godzilla, masterpiece Catering for heavy appetizers, Culinary Pros for bartender and we will purchase all the alcohol once we arrive, Tyler Freear for photography. Going to be very caudal and fun, not a lot if traditional 1st dance & toast - we don't really want that. But did want the DJ for dancing. I'm still trying to determine what bakery we will use for cake. Going there tomorrow morning - yahooo!!!! Will be scouting it all out. I'll post some reviews of my thoughts after the trip. Hope that helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards