Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Linen rental or buy my own?

Seems like the cost to rent linens exceeds the cot to actually buy them. Anyone doing this? Where are you buying from?

Re: Linen rental or buy my own?

• Options

I bought them. It was a few dollars cheaper overall.  I got them at www.linentablecloth.com 

Smartyhadaparty.com also has good pricing and often has sales and coupons.

• Options
    I bought mine from SmartHadaParty.com for about half what it would have cost to rent them.
  • Options
    I was told it's cheaper to buy your own and if anything, you can always sell them to the venue or sell them on CL.
  • Options
    I rented mine even though it is slightly cheaper to buy.  I just didn't feel like fooling with getting them cleaned/pressed after the fact and then try to sell them.  For me the less hassle of renting was worth the slightly extra cost.

• Options
    I bought mine. A lot of rental places I spoke with it was $200 and up to rent them. I bought mine at CVlinens.com. We have a huge family so I'm sure someone else will need them after me.
  • Options
    Tableclothsfactory.com has great prices, and if you order the right day they give you 20% off plus an additional 10% off.  They run the 20% sale pretty much non-stop, but the extra 10% off pops up random days a few times each week.  They also do free shipping for order $150+.  They have overlays, tablecloths, sashes, and even tulle.
  • Options
    I bought mine. It was $12 per tablecloth to rent and I bought mine for between $8 to $10. You can always resell them online. Some rental companies will buy them from you after the wedding or you can sell them on a used wedding site.
  • Options
    BrightSettings is a really great site. You can rent or buy AND they will send you unlimited FREE color swatches in every color and material they have. You just select the samples you are interested int, and you only pay shipping, which when I ordered my samples, it was only $4. I got the samples within a week and I was able to see the colors and material in person as it is always hard to truly tell what something looks like just by the website.  I would def recommend them.  I have used this company to rent linens before as I am the poor soul in charge of helping my students with prom!  If we could afford the linens on a school district budget, they would fit into a wedding budget.  I will be getting all of my table cloths and napkins for my wedding from them.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! Laura, I'm doing prom this year, too! We have a parent donating our liens. I still haven't decided on what to do for my wedding. The good news is that prom comes first, so I'm treating it like the "trial run" to the wedding. Good luck! :-)
  • Options

I bought it from sculptwareonline.com as it was quite affordable and came within my budget they also do have their products for rent may be you should try checking out with them.

• Options
    Rented.  So that they folded all 120 of them into menu pockets and I didn't have huge bag of laundry afterwards.  My car was already so full going to wedding weekend, it would've been one more thing to worry about.
  • Options
    How thick/heavy were your table linens? I've been considering ordering from them but i'm afraid the cloths will be even thinner than the rentals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards