Illinois-Chicago
Options

Need help finding makeup/hair for wedding downtown (within budget)!

Looking for someone to do hair/makeup for my downtown Chicago wedding. Really trying to keep it under 150 total for me and under 100 for bridesmaids. No luck so far...help!

Re: Need help finding makeup/hair for wedding downtown (within budget)!

• Options
    jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you want to keep it under 150 for BOTH or under 300 for both?

i contacted may artists and most are around 200 (including trial).

i love my makeup artist- loni hale with fashion forward beauty.
  • Options
    rj1821rj1821 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Sonia Roselli do my makeup for my engagement session and it turned out great and held up with being outside in August for hours.  Her studio is in Rogers Park, the makeup was 125 if you get it done in studio, I believe it is more if you want her to come on location too.  I'm not sure what she charges for attendants though.
    One of our Engagement Photos Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    ARJ6511ARJ6511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Tamara Makeup and Hair. They are really reasonably priced and travel to you. I highly recommend them! 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    ricekrissyricekrissy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions! i did mean $150 TOTAL for hair and makeup. i found several people who are within my budget but they are already booked for my date! i will look into sonia and tamara!
  • Options
    jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted Sonia too. She;s very expenisive: 400 for the day of and 125 for the trial.

Tamara is 75 for hair and 75 for makeup but they have a traveling fee of 70 if you're getting married in Chicago.
  • Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_need-finding-makeuphair-wedding-downtown-within-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:d9df81e7-8537-4fa2-8a2e-033d0b6fd81bPost:e475c781-2dfc-498a-97af-03f5035e62ab">Re: Need help finding makeup/hair for wedding downtown (within budget)!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks for the suggestions! i did mean $150 TOTAL for hair and makeup. i found several people who are within my budget but they are already booked for my date! i will look into sonia and tamara!
    Posted by ricekrissy[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity who did you look into? That price is great!
    Vacation
  • Options
    outerbeautyouterbeauty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Orlando at Salon 1800 and he is awesome and will do makeup for $40 at the studio and $80 if he comes to you. He did a great job!
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a salon. The Aveda salon Blueberry Moon did my hair for 80 and makeup for 50. BMs were 80 hair and 35 makeup. They did a great job, but obviously wont travel to you. The salon is really nice though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards