New York-Western

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Where is a good salon to go bridemaids dress shopping in Buffalo? Not Davids's, Thanks! 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on if you have a specific designer in mind for the BM. My girls did not order their dresses from here, but we did go to many of the bridal shops to start out.  In terms of selection, I think Bridal Chateau, MA Carr, and Victoria's Bridal had great selections and all together covered most of the standard lines (Jasmine, Bill Levkoff, Watters, Bari Jay, etc).  Bridals by D had a smaller, but more exclusive group.  But, like I said, I can't give any advice/review on how the shops were in terms of actually ordering.  Hope this helps!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That helps! Thank you so much... I was looking for a place with good selection.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the shops kae101 mentioned, I'd also throw Clara Milas into the mix.  I had good luck there for my own wedding.  My sister and best friend also chose their bridesmaid dresses there.
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Victorias or Bridals by D are good

DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS- NIGHTMARES!!!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I called Clara Millas and asked the girl what designers do you carry for bridemaids dresses?
    Her answer: We have over 600 dresses
    Me: Yes but what designers. I would like to look online to see colors and styles ahead of time.
    Her: We have over 600 dresses
    Me: Thank you for your time!

What is this world coming to? I didn't think that was a tough question.
  • edited December 2011
    i just went dress shopping at classic bridal.

HUGE selection!
  • edited December 2011
    My BM got their dresses from Target.com we ordered a couple different sizes for them to try on and returning the extras were no problem.
    Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ma carr is hit or miss, i went there one time and it was awful service went back and it was great. victorias has a lot of selections so does bridal chateau

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards