Snarky Brides

S/O: What is the rudest comment someone has made about your wedding?

1789101113»

Re: S/O: What is the rudest comment someone has made about your wedding?

• "Aren't you a little old to be doing the whole wedding thing?" I was 40 when we got married!
  • danamwdanamw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Here is a story about me, where I apparently said the right thing. My coworker and her fiancé had his grandmother's ring redesigned for her. Original band and diamond, but they added some stuff, I can't even describe it. It is the ugliest ring I have ever seen.

She loves it. When she showed it to me I said "oh that is so nice! It's so beautiful!" And until this post, I have never said any different.

• Mine might not sound too terrible, but I was very offended. 

At our wedding, some friends of ours decided to bring an additonal guest with them who wasn't invited.  Not really a big deal as we had plenty of food and space.  This uninvited guest did not bring a gift or card.  Again, not a big deal as we were trying to be gracious hosts who did not expect or care about gifts. 

But then after the wedding, she complained about the food (which I thought was great, so I'm confused about that??) and she also complained about the wedding in general, saying it was "too sweet" and too mainstream with not enough character or uniqueness.

So here she is, uninvited, does not bring gift/card, and then has the audacity to criticize the wedding and food??  Are you f***ing kidding me??
  • mamahappy said:
    Mine might not sound too terrible, but I was very offended. 

At our wedding, some friends of ours decided to bring an additonal guest with them who wasn't invited.  Not really a big deal as we had plenty of food and space.  This uninvited guest did not bring a gift or card.  Again, not a big deal as we were trying to be gracious hosts who did not expect or care about gifts. 

But then after the wedding, she complained about the food (which I thought was great, so I'm confused about that??) and she also complained about the wedding in general, saying it was "too sweet" and too mainstream with not enough character or uniqueness.

So here she is, uninvited, does not bring gift/card, and then has the audacity to criticize the wedding and food??  Are you f***ing kidding me??
    I didn't think it was possible to complain about a free meal.  Unless, of course, you get food poisoning, then that is worthy of complaint.  There's probably a bigger issue there - maybe she was upset that she wasn't invited?  People get weird about that. 

• kerbohl said:
    mamahappy said:
    Mine might not sound too terrible, but I was very offended. 

I didn't think it was possible to complain about a free meal.  Unless, of course, you get food poisoning, then that is worthy of complaint.  There's probably a bigger issue there - maybe she was upset that she wasn't invited?  People get weird about that. 
    She wasn't invited because she's not family or any kind of close friend... more just an acquaintance.  There was no reason to invite her.  She came with our invited friends because she is the sister to one of them.
  • mklammklam member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Not my wedding exactly, but when my FI and I told his mother (a devout Catholic) that we were engaged, she basically told me that it would never work since I am a sinful woman and I am doomed to divorce him and steal all of his money. Oh and the only reason she likes me is because I'm white (my FI is filipino and moved here when he was 8).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I asked my teenage niece and nephew to be in my wedding.  After hearing about how excited my niece was my brother’s girlfriend said to her (in front of my father). “Well… we’ll have to see.  Your father and I were thinking of going without you”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• That my wedding is a non-wedding 
    How?  Do they just say this, or do they further the rudeness and back it up with their "evidence"? 

• mrsmagicgeekmrsmagicgeek member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    kerbohl said:

That my wedding is a non-wedding 

How?  Do they just say this, or do they further the rudeness and back it up with their "evidence"? 

Her "wedding" is a PPD. She's already married.

ETA: sorry, I got my generic nickname knotties confused. This one is having a JOP wedding to make her parents happy, then the "real" wedding in 2016.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards