Wedding Invitations & Paper

registry info with announcements?

I've read everywhere about how you shouldn't include any registry info on invites and while I'm assuming it's also rude to include with wedding announcements, I haven't seen anything mentioned about it.  Both of my parents have mentioned they have friends who would send gifts, but I'm unsure how to pass that information along.  I'm figuring word-of-mouth would be best, but any other thoughts? 

Re: registry info with announcements?

• Word of mouth. If they want to get a gift for you, they'll find out.
  • Wedding announcements would go out after the wedding anyway.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What @misshart00 said.  I've gotten gifts from people who I didn't even know knew we were engaged.  The grapevine is still the quickest mode of transportation.
    Anniversary

• NO!!!!  ICK!!!!  Wedding announcements do not mean recipients should send a gift.  Never mention your registry unless someone asks you.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Wedding announcements wouldn't be sent out until you're already married. Are you talking about engagement announcements? Either way, registry info isn't appropriate on any of these things. The only place isn't really ok is on a wedding shower invitation (since the purpose of the party is presents).
    *********************************************************************************

• You never include any mention of registry or gifts in anything you send out.

Would you walk up to someone and tell them that you'd like them to get you a toaster?  It's the same logic.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards