Iowa-Des Moines

Flowers Poll

I'm thinking of doing wedding flowers on the side after doing them for my BIL's wedding. Its a really random idea, but just trying to gather thoughts. I loved my wedding flowers and I really enjoyed playing with flowers for BIL's wedding. So if you could help me out with some info so I can figure out if this is a feasible idea, that'd be fantastic.

1. How much are you paying for your flowers?
2. What is your florist doing for you (just bouquets/boutonnieres, or also centerpieces, cake flowers, other arrangements, etc)? What types of flowers are you having? 

If you have already have your wedding and have pics as examples you'd like to share, that'd be fantastic. 

If you'd email me, you can do so at Wiagrrr@hotmail.com
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flowers Poll

• kwelder1kwelder1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying around 1100 for flowers. In my arrangement, I am having hot pink roses, hot pink carnations, orchids, green button mums and seeded eucalyptus.
    She is doing:
    bridal bouquet
    3- bridesmaids bouquets
    1- junior bride bouquet (special role for my 3 year old daughter)(will be same as my bouquet, only smaller)
    2- flower girl petal baskets
    bouts for groom, groomsmen, fathes, grandfathers,  and other "special roles" men
    2 floral heart wreaths for ceremony gazebo
    21 floral centerpieces for reception tables
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My mom works with silk flowers for her business.  She rents everything of hers they want to use for $20 each.  If they want to buy a bouquet from her, that'll run avg. of $200 each.  She doesn't makie corsages, etc. anymore cuz of her arthritis in her hands.  Then she charges $25/hour to decorate, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards