Rhode Island

Question regarding florists and arrangement styles

lbd518lbd518 member
First Anniversary
edited July 2014 in Rhode Island
Hi all!

I'm planning a destination wedding in RI and have just about booked all of my vendors with the exception of a florist. I had NO idea just how tough it would be to narrow someone down, though I suppose when you're going based on a "vision" of what your day will look like, it's a lot more difficult to pull the trigger!

I wanted to ask those of you who've had experience with some of the more budget-friendly florists (e.g., Florals by Alisa, GoldenGate, etc) whether any of you incorporated the asymmetric, "wild", organic-looking style that is popular on a lot of wedding style websites right now. Most of the higher end florists seem to use this style as their mainstay (Flowers by Semia is a great example), but are obviously on the much more expensive side. Looking at the websites of the other florists, I haven't really seen any examples of this style of work from them, so I figured I would ask you all for your opinions and see where it goes :) Thanks in advance!

Re: Question regarding florists and arrangement styles

• My recommendation is to avoid Flowerthyme. They have reasonable pricing, but I learned the hard way that the owner is very flaky. None of my bouquets/nosegays were right, my aisle flowers were wrong and some of my decorative pieces were in the wrong vase. I provided pictures of everything, so I don't understand how so many mistakes happened.
  • I'm using florals by alisa for my July 2015 wedding. I would recommend them just based on their service thus far in my planning. Their proposals are very thorough and they are always willing to make changes or adjustments to better suit your style or budget. I'm getting all of my centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony flowers & parent/grandparent flowers for an amazing quote. I will be using a lot of hydrangea, garden roses and ranunculus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards