Virginia

Hotel Recommendations?

We're getting married at Keswick Vineyards in May and ALL of our guests are coming from out of town.  Are there any recommendations out there for where I should reserve a block of rooms?  I think I will need about 75 rooms and probably will need to book 2 hotels.
Any advice about room blocks?  I've never done it before and I'd prefer everyone to be at the same hotel, but it may be tough since there are 150 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel Recommendations?

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hilton Garden Inn on Pantops is nice (it's just off I-64), it's probably your closest option.   There is a Ramada Inn across 250 and on the other side of the interchage, and could be a good lower price point for guests who don't want to spend as much.

You could do the Omni downtown, but it's quite expensive...and I think they want you to "guarantee" the number of guests you will have, so you could get stuck if you don't fill up your whole block.

There are a bunch of hotels on 29 (thinking like the DoubleTree or Courtyard Marriott), but that might be too far away.  Same thing with Main Street/the Corner -- there's a Courtyard and a Hampton Inn and Suites right across from each other on Main Street.

What weekend in May?  Please tell me it's not graduation weekend.....

DSC_9275
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marriott has a central office that handles all blocks for Marriott properties.  It might be the easiest way to get the rooms you need.  Working with one person, you could get rooms at the Courtyards and Residence Inn (though the Residence Inn is not updated and tends to be a little pricey).
  • strwbaree1strwbaree1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  It is May 11th, not graduaction weekend, we were warned about that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards