Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sparkler Exit Alternatives

Hello, all! I am getting married in October and I am just starting to look into grand exit ideas. We will be leaving in a pristine show-car belonging to a family friend, so anything that might stick to us (confetti, lavender, bird seed) and cause his car to need major cleanup is out. I'm not a big fan of sparklers, just because drunk friends + fire + my heels = disaster waiting to happen. I've seen balloons and like the look, but while I'm not the most environmentally conscious person in the world, I know balloons aren't the best idea. Bubbles would be great, but we're exiting at 11pm and I'm not sure they'd show up in photos. The only other thing I've seen is those ribbons on sticks and fiberoptic glow things. Neither is off the table, but I still want to explore some other possible options that might be fun for an exit. I adore the idea of everyone ringing a little bell, but since we aren't doing video and a photo can't capture sound, it's probably not my best idea.... I know in the end, I'll decide on something and be fine with it (like every other aspect of the wedding I've had trouble with) but I'd love to hear if you all have any ideas I haven't thought of yet!

Re: Sparkler Exit Alternatives

• Options
    We exited at 9:00 pm and the bubbles looked great! We left our reception under a lit overhang, so the bubbles looked subtle and nice.
  • Options
    I've seen those sticks with ribbon on them look really fun.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    Bees.

Anniversary

• Options
    We are doing bells. FMIL and FI's Aunt are making them. They will be ribbon wands with a little bell at the end, like this picture, only in our wedding colors.

Anniversary

• Options
    I did the bells with the ribbon wands for my daughter's wedding, they were a fun favor as well.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the answers (except bees... haha!) - it occurred to me to also ask my photographer what all she has seen and what looks pretty in pictures. 
  • Options
    Or how about you say bye to your friends and head out with a little extra cash in your pocket/spend it on drinks/apps?  Some of your guests probably won't even be there at the end.  I think that whole tradition started as a fertility thing--throwing bird seed/rice because it's seed...growing...you get the idea...  

I haven't been to many weddings lately where people even bother with the whole exit thing.  I personally am not a big fan of it.

But if you feel the need to go out big, skip all the sparklers and bubbles and get fireworks on the driveway.  I fully support fireworks--so pretty!

• Options
    My FI and I have decided to forego the formal exit in favor of just relaxing and enjoying ourselves with guests for a little while longer. We've put the money we saved from not having a grand exit into the other parts of the reception (food, alcohol, decor) instead.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Shakers from the best sports team on the planet is very popular in my circle. That one is pretty dependent on you though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards