Wedding Party

Are you plus size? Please help :)

So I stalked on my best friend's Pinterest page for gift ideas for her and she pinned 10 different items from this website and I know she has mentioned how much she loves them but can't justify spending the money on herself right now. So I'm going to get her one of the bracelets as her gift along with something else (it's not to wear at the wedding).

https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.php/product/995

I am just not sure what size to order her since we are not the same. They can be exchanged but obviously it would be ideal if she didn't have to do that or if I didn't have to ask her and blow the surprise. She wears a size 18/20 so I'm just wondering if that is your size, which size bracelet would you order- 7", 7.5", 8", 8.5". I know she's not exactly the same as you but an average would be helpful. Thanks!!

Re: Are you plus size? Please help :)

• Dress size does not necessarily go with wrist size.  Bones vary from person to person.  Get something adjustable, like a cuff style bracelet.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I agree. I am a plus sized person but I have freakishly small wrists.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lol good point! Maybe I will just eyeball her wrist compared to mine next time I see her. And not the end of the world if she needs to exchange it, I was just hoping to avoid that.

• Any chance you could ask her mom/partner/sibling or anyone else who might know this information? Or just ask her, lol. The actual item will still be a surprise. My aunt is forever texting me while shopping to get my bra size or shoe size or whatever.
  • I agree. I am a plus sized person but I have freakishly small wrists.

Same here. Now necklaces are a different story...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Tons of plus sized people have teeny tiny skinny wrists and fingers and ankles and toes. I'd eyeball it next time you see her
  • Or if you see her with a bracelet on be like I LOVE IT! Can I try it on?! And go from there.
  • The old standard bracelet sizes were 7" regular and 8" extra size, so just ignore the half sizes. You can usually tell just by looking whether one needs a larger size. Before I knew this, I thought a friend had hurt her wrist as it seemed swollen. No, just fat, she said.
  • I may wear a larger dress size but my ankles and wrists are tiny.  So is my hat size...I am comfortable in a childs size over any of those "one size fits all" hats!  Just glance over, ask her mom/whoever close, or any other things the pp's suggested!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Any chance you could ask her mom/partner/sibling or anyone else who might know this information? Or just ask her, lol. The actual item will still be a surprise. My aunt is forever texting me while shopping to get my bra size or shoe size or whatever.
    I like these ideas.  Perhaps her mom/partner/sibling/whoever could "borrow" a bracelet of hers and you could measure it to see what size fits her.
  • I'm plus sized and have a very hard time with bracelets.  It's not just the size of my wrist that affects how well it fits.  The style of clasp comes into play.  If it's a clasp with a tongue (like a tennis bracelet), I can wear as small as 6.75".  If the clasp needs to 'overlap' the other side of the bracelet, it needs to be longer.  Also, the thickness of the bracelet affects the fit.  Again, with a flat tennis bracelet, I can wear a pretty small size.  If it's got some dimension, I need at least 7.5", but preferably 8" to clasp it and have it fit comfortably.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards