New Jersey

My Wedding Review 6/24

My wedding was the best day of my life! It all came together better than imaged even after a few glitches (guys forgot boutonnieres and i got my dress from Kleinfelds and had an experience from hell). I typed a whole review and it somehow got deleted, so I am keeping these short, but let me know if you would like additional info....

Venue- The Venetian, Garfield A+++++
OMG! If you are looking for "Wow Factor" this is your place. This venue is breathtaking. The service and food are out of this world. People are still talking about the Viennese hour. They had everything from cotton candy, funnel cake to a gelato and ice cream station. My bridal attendant made sure we were taken care of all night. They treated us like royalty. Totally worth every penny!

DJ- Dash of Class, Vito A+
We loved Vito. Our dance floor was packed the whole night even for most of dinner! The energy was great. There was never a dull moment. He read the crowd and played songs accordingly. We got the lighting package through him and he did an AMAZING job. The room glowed beautifully. It looked better than I even imagined.

Photographer- Neil van Niekerk, One Perfect Moment A+
We love Neil too!! He has such a creative eye. He is known for lighting and it relly reflects in his pictures. He showed us a few pictures as he was shooting and they were out of this world! I will post professional pictures when I get some. He really hustled the whole day to get in as many pictures, so he wasn't bothering us during the reception. I highly recommend him!

Video- Fiore Films A+
I knew I wanted Sharonne from the start. Her style is so unique. She does the wedding video like a coming attraction for a movie. She is quite expensive, but worth it if you want something different. She was a pleasure to be around all day. Can't wait to see our footage.

Limo- First Class A+
Great experience! The vehicles arrived on time and in perfect condition. My dad and I had a Rolls Royce and the bridesmaids/groomsmen had the party bus. The bus was out of this world! Our driver Hector made sure I was taken care of. He fluffed my dress and even carried my purse....haha... He really takes his job seriously. If you use First Class ask for him!

Florist- Something Nice B
Carol is so nice and really took time to understand my vision. However, the day of my white flowers started to turn brown early in the day. My bouquet was pretty small too...She made me a mock up a few months back and it was much bigger. This was the one thing I did not splurge on, so for the price her work was fine.

Hair- I do Hair & Makeup, Michelle Lo Conte A
Michelle is great to be around. She brought an assistant Megan. They both do really nice work! Everybody loved their hair. My hair didn't last all night, but that's mostly because I have really heavy hair.

Makeup- Makeup by Marissa A+
She is a savior. Stupid me got a chemical peel one month before my wedding and my luck the doctor burned me. There was a mark the size of a dime on my cheek. She covered it up so well you couldn't see a thing!! Her makeup skills are flawless.

Tuxedo- VIP Tuxedo, Brick A
No problems here. Guys got their tuxedos in perfect condition.

Wedding Dress- Kleinfelds F--------------------------------------
Say NO to the Dress!!! I ordered my dress 9 months before my wedding. When it finally came in 5 weeks before my wedding  I went to my first fitting and the dress was ivory not white like I ordered. They told me there was nothing they could do. They wanted me to go upstairs and pick from the 20 sample sale gowns they had, which were gross. That totally defeated the whole purpose of ordering my dress 9 months in advance. Well, while I was very upset Pnina Tornai was there. She assured me she could get me one of her dresses in 2 weeks. I found a new dress I loved. Well Kleinfelds made me pay a $1,200 rush fee!! They charged me for their mistake bc they said I could have taken a gown off of the floor. At the time I was so stressed I just paid it in fear I wouldn't be able to find a new dress in 5 weeks. Well it got worse....Alterations were all messed up. They hem was too short and they never did the bustle until the day I came to pick it up. Since they rushed alterations a seam ripped on my butt on the wedding day. Thank goodness you couldn' really see it and with safety pins it was ok. But for $7,000 I shouldn't have to have safety pins holding my dress together. After the honeymoon I am calling the owner. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's basically it. Let me know if you have and questions!

Re: My Wedding Review 6/24

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing with is!!!! :o) I have actually been hearing quite a bit of negative feedback on Kleinfelds lately.....
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow- sounds like you had a great wedding even with the little glitches! I was at the other wedding at the Venetian on Friday night, and when we left around midnight, your party was still going on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Aside from the dress, it sounds like it was a wonderful day!  When I went to Kleinfeld's my consultant was so rude and unhelpful that I wouldn't have bought from them, even if I liked any of the dresses!
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • edited December 2011

wow you paid $7000 and they gave you such a hard time?!?!?! I Would definitely call the owner! Sorry you had to go thru that!

I'm glad you enjoyed your day! CONGRATSSS!

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great day despite the dress. Sorry about your dress experience. I would definitely call them. It sucks to have to deal with a vendor. Unfortunately I am still dealing with one from October.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  So glad you had an amazing day!
  • edited December 2011

Wow, I am SO sorry to hear about your dress issue! I am dealing with a dress crisis myself right now, so I totally know what you mean and how upset and frustrated you are! You order something so far in advance and when it comes out wrong it makes you that much more angry. I'm sure you still looked amazing though!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews and I'm SO sorry to hear about the whole dress fiasco!  But at least your wedding day was wonderful!  :-)

Would you like the reviews to be added to the vendor review site?  If so, with or without your knottie name?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Carol from Something Nice, but none of my flowers are white so hopefully nothing turns brown! Thanks for the reviews!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nicole7477Nicole7477 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Vito from Dash.. so nice to hear actual feed back!  Can't wait for our wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisab711lisab711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything sounds amazing....minus that horrible dress experience. I could cry for you : (
    I am a Kleinfeld's bride too and my dress should be arriving in August. I can't imagine something like that happening and am horrified to hear how you were treated. Their alterations are the most expensive ones around, your dress should have been perfect! They need to compensate!  I will definitely be extremely nervous until the dress is in my hands.
    On another note, congratulations and happy everything else was a success
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I think we used the same makeup artist - Marissa Pascone? She's a total sweetheart and fantastic. I am glad to hear that you loved her, too!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-review-624?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f03171dc-5839-4aa5-8dfa-c5d70f6eba65Post:715807b3-8700-48b1-aec6-f04b1c4c2b09">Re: My Wedding Review 6/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow- sounds like you had a great wedding even with the little glitches! I was at the other wedding at the Venetian on Friday night, and when we left around midnight, your party was still going on!
    Posted by mmontroni[/QUOTE]

How funny you were there! Yea we partied until 1am- even later if we could have!!!

Something I forgot to add. We had an after party from 12am-1am with live music by Smokey Starr. I HIGHLY recommend him. He does reggae music and has great energy. Really ended the night perfectly.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-review-624?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f03171dc-5839-4aa5-8dfa-c5d70f6eba65Post:5ad6df3d-4d17-4ad6-b6c8-b85c662e6044">Re: My Wedding Review 6/24</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! I think we used the same makeup artist - Marissa Pascone? She's a total sweetheart and fantastic. I am glad to hear that you loved her, too!
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

Yes, Marissa Pascone. She is so talented. I am surprised not more popular on this board. Her work is unbelievable and she is so sweet! I never felt prettier. She did my makeup for my engagement session too.
  • edited December 2011
    Nicole- If you can afford it go with the uplighting from Vito. Totally made a difference and looked awesome in pictures.

Diamond- be clear on the size of the bouquets...otherwise, she is great to work with.

Peaches- you can add without my knottie name...thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Added!  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole7477Nicole7477 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the uplighting package!  I was so happy to read your review because I was concerned of what it was going to look like.   We only got it on 2 walls, the DJ wall and the wall behind our sweetheart table.  I didn't want the color to over power anything.  Thanks for your review!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sharrone and Fiore and I cannot tell you how excited we are :)  Let us know when she posts your video short so we can see you on your day!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards