Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Number of people to invite

Due to budget and such, I'm planning on having about 100 guests at my wedding. Right now, my guest list is at 130 with everyone and their plus ones. How many people should I actually invite to get about 100 people to show up? Pretty much everyone is in state only a few family members are out of state and most are on this side of the state as well. It's on a Saturday and we are inviting just family (even some extended step cousins) and some friends. I think these will contribute to a higher yes percentage.

Re: Number of people to invite

• Options
  • Options
    If you want 100 people, you invite 100 people.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    100. Because math. Lots of people have 100% attendance at their wedding.

• Options
    I invited 159 people (that included +1 of people that didn't have a SO).  I had 112 people at my wedding.  It was a little lower than I expected - we were estimating around 130.  I think if you invite 130, you have to be prepared to pay for 130, because you could have 100% attendance. 

We had about 10 people out of the country that we didn't think would come (and they didn't).And only one person (my BM) brought a plus one, even though we gave +1 to about 10 people. So that's about 20 people right there that were not coming.  You have to look at your guest list and see what you can afford and what your venue can hold. You have to be able to accomadate 100% of your guest list.

• Options
    Either invite 100 people or figure out at away to accommodate 130 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You do not "plan" for no-shows.  If you only want to host 100 people, then you only invite 100 people-regardless of how many actually show up.  That means that you need to cut your guest list down to 100 people.

If you want to invite 130 people, then you come up with the money to host 130 people.
  • Options
    100. Don't ever plan for declines. 
  • Options
    Um is this a serious question?  If you only want to host 100 people then you only invite 100 people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards