October 2014 Weddings

Bachelorette Party Ideas!M

Okay I need help! Any ideas on what kind of bachelorette party to have when you've got a pregnant bridesmaid involved?

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas!M

• I'm not big on drinking or anything - so the girls already told me we're going to go to the Spa and pick out a few treatments and then dinner (I'm hoping for Hibachi but that's up to them).  The only reason my girls told me their plan for a Bachelorette party was to make sure I had a day off to go.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100, great minds think alike! 

My girls and I are getting massages (pregnant massages are available), going to dinner at my favorite restaurant, and then we are having an old fashioned slumber party at a nearby hotel.  One of my girls was pregnant when we made the reservations, but her baby decided to come much earlier than expected. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    How about one of those painting classes or one of those places you can go paint your own pottery? Most of them let you bring in alcohol for those girls who want to drink as well so it doesn't have to be a completely dry bachelorette. For my BFF's bachelorette (she was pregnant at the time), we took her out for a nice dinner and then went bowling for a couple hours. Several girls when back to her place afterwards and had a girly sleepover party with movies and popcorn and stuff.

• I have bridesmaids that are under 18, my cousins, and though they can't go clubbing with us, they are coming out to dinner beforehand. This is the only thing they wouldn't be able to do, and they're totally okay with it. 

You never know what your friend will feel up to doing or not doing.  So, give your bridesmaids an idea of what you would like to do, and they can come up with something along those lines. If it's clubbing and dancing, your friend could still go, she just wouldn't drink. If it's a spa day, she can get a pregnancy massage.
  • I know this doesnt help with the pregnant friend, but for bridesmaids under 18 this might help... I was pushing to go to an amusement park. My friends have told me im a total prude and that they want to take me to a strip club instead, but I still just want to go on some roller coasters and eat junk food!
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

hkda2003 said:
    I know this doesnt help with the pregnant friend, but for bridesmaids under 18 this might help... I was pushing to go to an amusement park. My friends have told me im a total prude and that they want to take me to a strip club instead, but I still just want to go on some roller coasters and eat junk food!
    My BM is saying the same thing. I don't like bars, I don't like strippers, I threatened to shank anyone who shows up with glowing, inflatable penis-shaped anything. It's like...can we just eat some junk food and hang out? That'd be okay.
  • We are planning on going to Disney's Epcot Food & Wine Festival in the third week of September! I am not a big partier or anything like that but a huge wino. I think it caters to all (even the pregnant ladies), because there is TONS of food to chow on, besides getting drinks. I have gone for the past 4 years and absolutely love it. Glad my girls know me so well that thats what they said we are doing!
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    that sounds SO fun @weeniedogs! I love going to the local winery when they have food and music. So fun.
  • @weeniedogs - totally off topic here:  For Epcot's Food & Wine fest, I currently have reservations for dinner; do you think I really even need them?  I'm half way thinking about keeping them so I can at least get coffee & dessert.  We're actually planning on 'drinking around the world' when we go.

Anniversary
  • weeniedogsweeniedogs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    @kebebb , that sounds amazing! I told my girls that my kind of idea for a Bachelorette Party is just taking it easy at a winery doing wine tasting! Thats the life for me!

@Dignity100 , personally whenever I go to the Food and Wine Festival, we never made reservations for somewhere to eat afterwards - because you are eating so much! The portions they give you are small, (though Italy tends to give a small meal), but you really fill up! Booths also have desserts - but I cant think of seeing any coffee at the booths. It really comes down to how much you plan on eating at the Festival. If you take it easy, I definitely suggest keeping your reservation! But if you plan on going all out, I think you should just get coffee at your resort at the end of the day! Hope I am some help!
  • labrolabro member
    @chole44 I've never heard of that kind of service. What all does it entail? I planned a pretty elaborate out of town bachelorette weekend for my little sister last year and had zero problems doing it all on my own. I think we used the hotel concierge once to ask about a couple of tours to fill in some empty time but it wasn't necessary at all.

• We debated going to an amusement park, I love them, but it's just not in our budgets. My MOH has come up with all these fantastic ideas for the shower and Bach party, but it just isn't in her or the other BMs budget. I have no idea where she thought the money would come from.
  • Do people expect to pay their own way at Bach parties? All the ideas and posts I've read make it seem like the BM ask each person to pitch in money. That's the only thing I'm iffy about here.m it seems weird to invite people to a party you planned and the say they have to pay xx to come
  • labrolabro member
    @rsbloom What chole44 said. It's generally expected that the BP/MOH/hostess(es) pay the way for the bride but all other attendees are expected to cover their own meals, drinks, activities, whatever. Bachelorette and bachelor parties seem to fall outside the normal scope of "you host the party, you pay for everyone". It is considered good form to check with the members of the BP and any other invitees that they have the budget for what you have planned and if not, then you can adjust accordingly or help them out, but it is not expected for the hostess to pay everyone's way.

• Okay, thank you! It seems like a good idea for the BM to check with the other guests on their budget http makes me feel better about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards