Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bucket List

Re: Bucket List

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    1. Breast reduction surgery because I refuse to live with giant saggy grandma boobies when I'm in my 40s and 50s.

2. Travel to Thailand, Japan, Egypt, China, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, Wales (hell let's just say all of the UK at this point).

3. Pay off my student loans.

4. Own a Tesla.

5. Buy a fancier house.

6. Lose 60 lbs.

7. Save enough money to live a comfortable retirement.

8. Get my master's degree or a degree in law.

There's probably more if I thought about it. I don't think I've ever actually made a bucket list.

• Options
    1. Breast reduction surgery because I refuse to live with giant saggy grandma boobies when I'm in my 40s and 50s.

2. Travel to Thailand, Japan, Egypt, China, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, Wales (hell let's just say all of the UK at this point).

3. Pay off my student loans.

4. Own a Tesla.

5. Buy a fancier house.

6. Lose 60 lbs.

7. Save enough money to live a comfortable retirement.

8. Get my master's degree or a degree in law.

There's probably more if I thought about it. I don't think I've ever actually made a bucket list.
    I would like to add this to my bucket list as well and include my 30s because that's a year away and I already have giant saggy grandma boobies :(

• Options

@southernpeach89 - Go for the pasta. I think it's more impressive and delicious anyways. ;) I'm already having trouble finding everything I need for the sushi in my town. I'll have to make a trip into the city. Which is annoying if I'm only going down to buy fish.

I was too spastic for rolling so I bought this awesome plastic tube on amazon that makes the perfect sushi roll. And we use everyday ingredients- plain white minute rice, defrosted chopped shrimp, cucumber, avocado, spicy mayo. Occasionally I go out of town to find the sushi grade tuna but we like it with just the shrimp for a quick meal!

• Options
    @swazzle and @lapeanut1018 one of my friends had breast reduction surgery and like LOVES her life now.  So don't put it off too long :)

@southernpeach89 OK OK I'll find a way to get to Atlanta and make pasta with you!  I'm working every weekend day from now until the end of time, but if we plan far enough in advance I can take off.  Let me reevaluate the monies situation after we are in the house - so let's shoot for like September?  If there's a Braves game I can use that as an excuse to contribute to my bucket list (going to check the schedule!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @jenna8984 - But does it put the rice on the OUTSIDE? Cuz technically I've been making avocado or avocado/cucumber/krab rolls for years, but I roll them by hand and everything ends up inside. . . The sushi class taught us how to put the rice on the outside, and I like it so much better! The rolls are way more impressive, and you can involve a lot more ingredients.

But yea, I use minute rice too. That probably won't change. It's too easy.
  • Options
    @Blue YES! Then you will be here for LaPeanut1018 's bachelorette and my bday!!!
  • Options
    @EisleyJoGo‌ No the nori is on the outside but I think it tastes the same just doesn't look as pretty. I should try to talk FI into a class though!

• Options
    I'd like to add "have abs and look effing hot in a bathing suit" to my bucket list.
  • Options

Here are the ones I can think of:

Have a happy and life-long marriage and grow old with H with, God-willing, two healthy kids.

Go to the Congo before the mountain gorillas become extinct.

Go to Bali or Bora Bora. @loves2shop4shoes - I'm so jealous of your trip!!!

Give our dog the best life possible and enjoy every minute we have with him.

Retire somewhere warm with a backyard (and infinity pool) that has a view of the ocean

Write a novel

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @swazzle and @lapeanut1018 one of my friends had breast reduction surgery and like LOVES her life now.  So don't put it off too long :)

@southernpeach89 OK OK I'll find a way to get to Atlanta and make pasta with you!  I'm working every weekend day from now until the end of time, but if we plan far enough in advance I can take off.  Let me reevaluate the monies situation after we are in the house - so let's shoot for like September?  If there's a Braves game I can use that as an excuse to contribute to my bucket list (going to check the schedule!)
    I definitely don't plan to put it off long! But I need to lose the weight first and have kids first too so I don't screw the surgery up with pregnancy/affect my ability to breastfeed. So when all is said and done I'll probably end up having the surgery in about 10 or so years.

• Options

I REALLY wanted to go before the wedding but it just wasn't in the budget. I have a different insurance now than I did the last time I tried (back in 2003 or 2004) so maybe I'd have better luck with them covering part of it. Maybe I'll get started on the process. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    Swazzle said:

I REALLY wanted to go before the wedding but it just wasn't in the budget. I have a different insurance now than I did the last time I tried (back in 2003 or 2004) so maybe I'd have better luck with them covering part of it. Maybe I'll get started on the process. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Can I have the boobs that you girls take out? Or even just a little for the left side to help even them out? HAHA
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 I totally didn't even know the breastfeeding issues after reduction (i.e. you can't do it) until my friend went through it.  She's not even dating at the moment but was having back problems and stuff.  She actually got shit from her BROTHER about how she wouldn't be able to breastfeed afterwards.  It was really awkward.

@swazzle I can totally have publix make you an awesome Byebye boobies cake?  :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @swazzle and @lapeanut1018 - Sometimes I wish I had boobs but I feel bad when I hear about women with back problems and or other issues that make them want reductions. So I guess my little girls are ok. SO doesn't seem to mind.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I recently gone up to a C cup with my unfortunate weight gain, it's seriously the best part of it!  I almost think that if they go away with weight loss (that I hope to experience) that I'd get implants... 

We'll see though.

My bucket list from teenagehood included these:

Go to college (check!)
    See the ocean (check!)
    Swim with dolphins (check!)
    See the mountains (not yet)
    See Ozzy Osbourne in concert (Not yet)
    Have babies (I have one!)
    Get married (ALMOST THERE!)

• Options
    LabLove86LabLove86 member
    edited July 2014
    About 5 years ago I lost about 50lbs (which of course I've since gained back plus . . . too much) and my cup size didn't change AT ALL. I've been a DD since I was about 17, even with major weight fluctuations. I've already told BF that when we're done having kids/breast feeding I'm gonna have a boob lift/reduction/whatever to make them look good again. He fully supports this. My bucket list would have to include: Alaska/Northern Lights See Glacier State Park while there are still glaciers there Have a happy family Adopt a pup Own a home Lose weight - a lot of it (Main goal to get back into the 100's) - I really just want to BE and FEEL healthier than I am now - I'm slowly working on it Go to Disney one more time before kids There is more, but this is what I can think of at the minute ETA - TK ate my paragraphs.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    edited July 2014

Sorry for being all late and stuff, but this looks like fun!

My bucket list:

-Travel back to Scotland, Ireland, and England. I went when I was 19, but I was so in awe of the fact that I was in another country that I barely experienced anything - too busy taking pictures and being like, "OMG, I'm TRAVELING!"

-Travel to Australia, Italy, Mexico, and go on an African safari. And also do a cross-country road trip.

-Go on a whale watch (I really want to see wild killer whales).

-Learn something musical - I would love to sing, but if it turns out I suck at that, maybe learn the guitar or something.

-Adopt or become a foster mom. I have no compulsion whatsoever to have my own kids, just not for me, but I like to think I'd have something to offer a child once I grow up myself. (I did see The Business of Being Born, @bethsmiles, and that was awesome. It definitely took the mystery and at least some of the fear out of childbirth for me, although I think I'd still want to be in a hospital were I to have my own kids.)

-That whole finding a life partner thing. I'd like to do that.

-Like @minskat30, I would love to write a novel! I've started a trillion of them...just gotta pick one and finish it, I guess.

-Since I'm getting semi-good at it, I'd like to participate in a pole dancing competition. (STAHP IT, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL THINKING ABOUT.) Failing that, I just really enjoy all kinds of dance, so I'd like to learn a few more different kinds.

-Get at least my Masters in nursing, and figure out what I want to do with that.

-Own a home.

-Volunteer in Cambodia.

-Swim with manatees.

• Options
    -Travel to as many places as I can. I love the idea of traveling to new places, but unfortunately haven't had the chance. So I'd like to start. 

-Move to Massachusetts. (This should be happening within the next 2-3 years, if BF and I follow the timeline we've roughly laid out.)

-Write a novel. I've started writing several, but never finished. I want to start and finish one completely.

-Get married. 

-Learn to speak Russian. 
  • Options
    @bookishgiraffes - I have a quite a few starts to various novels saved on my computer. I really need to make the time to actually finish one of them!

Also, why do you want to learn Russian?

• Options
    @bethsmiles I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has many starts and no finishes to novels on their computer!

This past semester I took a Russian history course, and absolutely loved it. The professor was awesome and she would occasionally say things in Russian and teach us the Russian words for things that we were learning about. After that, I've just been very interested in being able to speak it myself. I don't know that I would ever be able to make a real use of it in my every day life, but it's just something I would like to learn. I would also like to learn Sign Language, too. 
  • Options
    @bookishgiraffes - That's basically the same reason I took 4 years of French! I loved my French history classes and I also love a lot of books (anything by Alexander Dumas is amazing) that have been translated from French. I wish I was fluent enough to read in them in their original French.

• Options
    Here's my bucket list:

Travel as much as a I can. V and I want to go to New Zealand first. I kinda want to experience as much as I can so I like to focus on one place at a time. I want to hike every national park in New Zealand particularly Mt.Cook.

Go see Cirque Du Soliel. They are coming to Roanoke so this may happen very soon!

Become a museum employee. I'm leaning towards the education/outreach community side of museum operations. I've been gaining experience as a manager and a lab/collections assistant so that looks good too.

Settle down around the Blue Ridge area of states. I love living in the mountains and I'm hoping to come back to this area or one like it after grad school.

Attend Grad school. I know I will gain so much from it and I really hope through my hard work one of the schools I picked will accept me!

See as many musicals and plays as I can. I only like going to NYC for Broadway and if I could I would go see all the shows.

Go to a superbowl that the Seahawks are playing in. They won last year and I'm very hopeful for our future!

Own a home. I can't wait to be a home owner and feel so accomplished.

Acquire the most awesome rock collection and mineral collection. I've already started it but I want a lot more samples. I have a feeling that I could be classified as a mineral/rock hoarder ha. My favorite sample I have right now is a rock that has a fold in it. Its hard to find samples that have the ends of a fold so I feel pretty awesome about it.

That's all I got so far off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Current bucket list:
    -Spend the rest of my life with FI
    - Have/adopt a couple of kids. We're both open to the idea of adoption but haven't sat down and actually discussed what we want to do. I would love to experience pregnancy at least once, but I also have a family member who wasn't able to have children, and the two kids she adopted are the sweetest, most precious kids ever. I hate to imagine what their lives would be like if they weren't adopted. :-\
    - Travel the world! 
    -Pay off student loans by age 30
    - Own a home
    - Get a puppy or two!
    - Buy my own car

It's all pretty typical lol. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Here's my bucket list so far (off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll add more):

-Get married

-Have a couple of kids

-Go on a safari

-Travel to Egypt

-Travel to the Maldives

-Travel to Alaska

-Take FI cross-country to see all the places I've been to

-Take FI to Europe to show him the places I've been to

-Travel to Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Amsterdam and Germany

-Travel to Spain to see where my grandmother grew up

-Buy a bigger house

-Buy a condo in the Riviera Maya

-Cage dive with sharks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @bookishgiraffes Why move to MA? I live in MA, the weather is terrible and it's really expensive lol

• Options

@buttercup1958 - Just don't turn into Hank from Breaking Bad. . . All them rocks and minerals. . . His poor wifey fell by the wayside.

Also, GO HAWKS! The number of bandwagon fans last year was pretty upsetting.

• Options
    @jenna8984 There are a lot of opportunities for my career field there, and my BF has found that there are some there too that he would be interested in when it is time to transfer/his contract here is up. The expensive part is the bad part, but there are better chances for what I want to do up there. 
  • Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    edited July 2014
    - Travel to Sweden, Italy, and Greece
    - Graduate from college in 2015
    - Receive a job in my field of work
    - Adopt a dog from a shelter
    - Purchase a home
    - Make a quilt with my grandma 
    - Marry the man of my dreams
    - Become a mom to three or four kiddos 
    - Complete a marathon 
    - Dance in a true honky-tonk
    - Ride a mechanical bull 
    - Take a cooking class
    - Take a dance class with my SO
    - Take a poll dancing class (why not, right?)
    - Scuba dive in the ocean

I really could go on forever about my bucket list. I just want to live a life that is adventurous and lovely. 

• Options
    EisleyJoGo ha if anything V encourages my habit! He is a geology major too so he kinda understands even though he finds me silly. And I know! I've been a fan my whole life so I feel like those band-wagoners cheapen my joy, Plus people kept accusing me of being a band wagoner since I'm kinda young (I'm 20). But you can ask my coworkers, family, and friends I bleed as the 12th man. I have a 3 jerseys, and a foam head. I have autographs from Russel Wilson, a flag from the conference game between the seahawks and saints, and a hat from the superbowl. So yeah I'm obessed with my team ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards