Not Engaged Yet

Some People!

A friend of mine got married last Friday. She posted a gorgeous picture of her and her daughter right before the ceremony. And amid all the congratulations and telling her how beautiful she looks one of her friends posted "Congrats [friend's name]. Guess my invite got lost in the mail huh." 

And now all of Facebook knows what a bitch you are, which is probably why you weren't invited.

What is wrong with some people?

Re: Some People!

• Eeeee, that's uncomfortable. Probably they meant it to be like only 25% serious, but still, that's just unnecessary and rude.
  • This is why I don't post a lot of WR stuff on FB. I don't want the comments of "hope I'm invited!!!"

My friend's daughter on FB on the other hand has given us every single detail of her wedding. Her wedding isn't until 2016...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This is why I don't post a lot of WR stuff on FB. I don't want the comments of "hope I'm invited!!!"

My friend's daughter on FB on the other hand has given us every single detail of her wedding. Her wedding isn't until 2016...

I agree with this, it's best if wedding planning stuff is kept off Facebook. But this was the day of and it was one picture which is literally the only thing she has posted about her wedding. I don't think people shouldn't put pictures from that day on Facebook.

• Wow. . . Rude and awkward. I wouldn't have invited that person either.
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Wow. If I was the bride, I would say something to this effect: 

Maybe you didn't get invited because you need a time out to look in the mirror, sassy pants. 
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I love how people think they are entitled to an invitation  -_-
    Anniversary

• I love how people think they are entitled to an invitation  -_-
    Right?! I'm not even engaged and people have told me they want to be invited to the wedding...

• WOW. That's unbelievably rude. Why do people think it's OK to say stuff like that? And how is that an appropriate response to a picture of the bride and her daughter?! Your poor friend. 

I agree with other PPs though. I've been keeping stuff off of FB because I don't want a ton of people asking me for invitations and details and such. Plus I don't want to annoy the world with updates about wedding planning. No one cares about my wedding as much as I do, so why should I inundate their lives with information about it? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I do have one or two friends who are getting married who post EVERYTHING on Facebook. I hid them from my newsfeed. I was so over hearing about their wedding after 5 posts. I still wouldn't post anything rude on their posts though.

• I love how people think they are entitled to an invitation  -_-
    Right?! I'm not even engaged and people have told me they want to be invited to the wedding...
    I went to a cousin's graduation party in June and everyone was grilling me about when I'm going to get engaged. EVERYONE was talking like they would be invited to my hypothetical wedding that isn't even happening yet. In reality, none of them will. I will have to keep it all pretty hush hush on facebook to avoid these kinds of remarks. . . Maybe I will just block these family members when I post anything. But I'd want them to know if I got engaged, at least! It's all so hard, but I barely see or talk to them.
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    I haven't even posted on FB that I'm engaged because I didn't want the comments.

Sorry your friend got such a 'quirky' reply.

Anniversary
  • @EisleyJoGo I went through something similar. For about a year or two we've had people asking us when we were going to get engaged. A close friend of ours even told off my FI because he didn't approve of our extended timeline for getting engaged. He thought FI should put on a ring on it sooner and was waiting for all the wrong reasons. It was sweet but completely inappropriate. Then after we got engaged, I had extended family posting all over my FB about how they can't wait for the wedding, how they want to help in any way they can, etc. I wasn't planning on inviting half of them. So much awkwardness, and it's been an ongoing source of stress for me. But honestly, you just have to remind yourself that they're excited for you guys, and they have confidence that you'll have a long and happy marriage. I wouldn't necessarily block them from any posts, but just keep the WR posts to a minimum on a big public forum like that. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's an awkward thing to say! It sort of sounds like they are just being sarcastic with the girl but it's still awkward and if someone said that to me I would probably get chills and avoid their comment lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards