Wedding Etiquette Forum

How much to pay the officiant?

I'm having the youth minister that I grew up with officiate our wedding. He's an old family friend and a mentor. 
Aside from buying his hotel room, meals, etc... how much is appropriate to give him as a gift/thanks/payment at the wedding? 
My fiance says $100, but I feel that is very low. I really don't even know what would be normal. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: How much to pay the officiant?

• Well I would research prices around your area to see what is normal. But since you are paying for his hotel and meals and such then I think $100 is more then enough on top what you are already paying for. But if you don't think that is enough then see what an officiant in your area typically charges and pay your minister that.

• Well I would research prices around your area to see what is normal. But since you are paying for his hotel and meals and such then I think $100 is more then enough on top what you are already paying for. But if you don't think that is enough then see what an officiant in your area typically charges and pay your minister that.

SIB
    I agree, especially if it is a family friend who will stay and enjoy the reception.
  • I would pay at least $200.  Most church minister fees are higher than that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards