Texas-Austin

Big decisions... HELP! caterer/photog?

My nerves are getting to me... We are about to book An Affair to Remember for our caterer, but wanted to see if you guys had any last minute feedback.  I REALLY liked them when I met them, but it's a big decision and you knotties have been SO helpful during this process.  They also do a lot of the design work and told me that I don't need a wedding coordinator, that they will handle everything that a coordinator would (which seems like a great deal, if that's the case).  They charge a 22% service charge, is this pretty normal?

Next Photographer:
Anyone worked with Cory Ryan?  Also really liked her, but thought she might end up being too funky.  ; )

Or anyone at Whitney Lee Photography?  Whitney, Leah, or Amanda?
We LOVE the nichols, but it's just too far out of our price range.  Trying to stay around $2500-3000 and would like 7-8 hours. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  I can't wait to get these big items out of the way.

Re: Big decisions... HELP! caterer/photog?

• ChristyChae'ChristyChae' member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I am using Peary Photography and he is great. Super nice guy! He is in that price range with two photographers.

http://www.pearyphotography.com/index2.php

hope it helps!

1st BFP 3/2012 - EDD 11/2012 - Loss 4/2012

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my photographers. J. Mark Photography - husband and wife team.  You should check them out. You can easily stay within your budget and hours. You will get a leather composite album and rights to the CD with images. They just added a neat new feature - a live photo booth. My guests had so much fun with this.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED Nessa K Photography. You should check her out.
  • atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say cut some money somewhere else and go with The Nichols! ;-)  Yeah...I might be just a bit biased but I seriously would have paid MORE knowing how happy I was with their work.  They're so fantastic. 

I believe I've heard good things about Whitney Lee. 

Good luck!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lotusbrendalotusbrenda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Patrick Motola and Courtney'c Catering
  • decjunkiedecjunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liz with Exquisite Cuisine is amazing.  I attended a wedding at Kali Kate and the food was so good. 
  • broseph11broseph11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cory Ryan is actually a friend of mine, and I've worked with her both professionally and as a friend. I honestly can't say enough good things about her, and I plan to use her myself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards