Pre-wedding Parties

When to send shower invites?

Hey,
So my future mother-in-law has offered to throw us a bbq shower in CA (we live in AZ) for "their people."  It's going to be mid-October, and I've seen on here that some people do send out shower invites up to two months in advance, and that seems too early?  What's the norm for this?

Re: When to send shower invites?

• Wedding invites go out 2 months in advance!

Shower invites should go out around 4 weeks prior to the event
    *********************************************************************************

• csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In my circle shower invites go out about a month in advance but the date is usually spread ahead of time by word of mouth from the hosts.
  • LOL my stepmom sent my shower invites out close to 3 months in advance. I coudn't believe it. I could see giving some extra time (My shower is the Sunday of Labor Day weekend) but I still think it was too early. But on the positive of the 38 that were invited about 34 of them can make it.

• LOL my stepmom sent my shower invites out close to 3 months in advance. I coudn't believe it. I could see giving some extra time (My shower is the Sunday of Labor Day weekend) but I still think it was too early. But on the positive of the 38 that were invited about 34 of them can make it.
    I read this as 38 out of 34 people invited can make it. I'm like how did that happen? Reading comprehension fail!
  • Haha thanks, I read some other threads and the info was also varied, but I think the general idea is that the wedding invites should go out BEFORE the shower invites? But aside from that it's fairly loose? I think like the first week in September for an October 18 shower will be good.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    The shower invites can go out first, there is nothing wrong with that.  They actually probably go out first for anyone that has a shower 1 month or more before the wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards