Chit Chat
Options

Disappearing Chicken

falsarafalsara member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat

Random, but I have a funny story:

I decided I was going to make chicken and rice today. I know two days ago I took chicken out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to defrost for tonight. Today I go to work I come home and then I set up my rice cooker. It takes like an hour so I sit down, watch an episode of TBBT, and then get up to grab and start making my chicken. I get into the fridge and there is no chicken WTH?? I know I saw it last night. FI saw it last night, but now the chicken is no where to be found. I emptied out both the fridge and freezer looking for this chicken and have finally given up. Neither me nor FI has any idea what happened and so now, FI is across the street at the store to get more chicken since I don't have any more to defrost. I'm lost and have now proceeded to finish the half bottle of wine that is in my fridge.

I guess we will never know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Disappearing Chicken

• Options

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I really don't know.  It must have happened, (whatever did happen) in the middle of the night because FI doesn't remember seeing any chicken in the fridge when he left for work today, just the night before.  Apparently the water bottles are hiding the chicken now?  Maybe it was the cheese?  No clue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yawn.

SITB:

Guess I do live a pretty boring life when a disappearing chicken is the big event of my day and not the cute, French, foreign exchange student that came into my office today.  Hehe

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Clearly one of you is a sleep walker. In which case we might not want to know what happened to the chicken.
  • Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    lc07 said:
    Clearly one of you is a sleep walker. In which case we might not want to know what happened to the chicken.

STIB:

I know! He took out the trash this morning so I asked him if he might have thrown it away (he's a zombie in the morning), its usual for us to check the fridge before we bag the trash incase something needs immediate attention. He said he didn't.  I guess we're going to have the unsolved case of the missing chicken. 

At this point I'm wondering if the fridge penguin (the one that turns the light off and on ) ate it.

ETA: typo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    FI's dog once ate 2 lbs of raw chicken he was defrosting in the sink. He would have thought he was crazy had he not found the clean, empty styrofoam trays in the living room.

I also have a friend who routinely puts the milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge, and doesn't realize until it's far too late.

• Options

This is the first time it's happened since we moved in here, and we did check to see if maybe we left the fridge open and the kitty had decided to steal it, but no such luck. 

At this point I'm just wondering when/ if the mystery will ever be found out.  Fi tried to tell me that maybe I had already cooked it, but I think I would remember if I had. 

It makes me feel better that my crazy self has people who can relate!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well, if it's in the house it will start smelling eventually.
  • Options

I hope I would be smelling it by now.  But hopefully the fridge fairies just disappeared with it.  I would not relish finding out that my kitty decided to stash it somewhere :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    DH once forgot the grocery bag with the chicken when he was bringing in the groceries.  He was distracted, and left it in the trunk of his car.  This was summer in Maryland.  Three days later......
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

I forget who it was but someone on here found like a rotten pineapple that their husband put in the entrance key/mail drawer. LOL

I am a little worried for you that it's going to be found a week later with maggots...I really hope your FI threw it away!

• Options

I'm really hoping either FI threw it away, or I already cooked it and ate and don't remember.  We have a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, there's really no place to hide anything.  I guess if we don't find it in few days then we'll know.  I'm going to do a quick sweep of all my cabinets again just in case.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hug your chickens!

You never know when they will up and leave you!

I hope you find out what happened and that it doesn't involve a horrible smell and bugs!
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards