Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: Is this too much. for a caribbean wedding

• Well it will depend on your wedding.  I know you are getting married in the Bahamas but will the ceremony be on the beach?  Or will it be on a patio over looking the water?  In a ballroom?

What is your FI thinking about wearing?

Honestly, if you are getting married on the beach then yes, I think it is too much.  And if your FI is planning on wearing khakis and a button down shirt and sandals then yes it is too much.

The bride, IMO, is always over dressed at weddings because rarely anyone else is wearing a gown, but you can be overly over dressed if your dress is too dressy for the type of wedding you are throwing.  KWIM?

• I agree with Maggie.

This doesnt say Caribbean beach at all. Caribbean ballroom at a nice resort, sure.
    *********************************************************************************

• It's not on a beach I attached a pic groom is wearing a tux and reception is in a garden.
  • I think the venue is gorgeous!  As is the dress.  If your groom will be wearing a tux, I don't see any problem with that dress being too much.  It's simply a matter of whether it will be easy for you to navigate a garden reception in it.  If you're going to be comfortable, go for it!
  • I think that dress will look gorgeous in that beautiful venue! So pretty! The only thing that would maybe be an issue is if you wanted to take beach photos after - might be hard to walk in the sand? As for it being in a garden, looks like you have a walkway and concrete stairs and all that good stuff so as long as you aren't having to climb over anything you should be comfortable! Lovely :)
  • It's not on a beach I attached a pic groom is wearing a tux and reception is in a garden.
    In that case, the dress is perfect. Especially if he's wearing a tux. Be as fancy as you want! I love that dress.
  • Can a bride be over dressed?
    The dress is gorgeous wherever you wear it :)
  • @cookdt5312014 If it's not right on the beach or pied dans l'eau then the dress is fine. Plus it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm wearing a very formal gown too and getting married in a resort in Mauritius but it'll be on the lawn :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards