Chit Chat

I Feel Bad for My FI

LDay2014LDay2014 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
...and it has nothing to do with how terrible of a person I am.

His best man just got hired on for a new job on FI's recommendation.  It's this guys first real 'adult' job with benefits, and a pension kind of thing.  We're so happy for him, this guy is young (22) and it's a great opportunity for him to step out of the 'high school' mentality and towards being an adult.  He's a great kid and we couldn't be more excited for him.

Our wedding is October 4, and the BM just found out that he is being shipped halfway across the country for 5 weeks of training - and that he'll be leaving the first week of September!!!! So it's very unsure if he will be back for the wedding.  During the time he's out there, he won't have regular days off or we would fly him back if need be for the weekend.  

FI is devastated.  We're so excited for the BM but it's sad that his best friend probably won't be there.

Sigh, I want to fix it for him...but we'd far rather this guy get going on his amazing new life journey.

Re: I Feel Bad for My FI

• Booh!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • LDay2014 said:
    ...and it has nothing to do with how terrible of a person I am.

His best man just got hired on for a new job on FI's recommendation.  It's this guys first real 'adult' job with benefits, and a pension kind of thing.  We're so happy for him, this guy is young (22) and it's a great opportunity for him to step out of the 'high school' mentality and towards being an adult.  He's a great kid and we couldn't be more excited for him.

Our wedding is October 4, and the BM just found out that he is being shipped halfway across the country for 5 weeks of training - and that he'll be leaving the first week of September!!!! So it's very unsure if he will be back for the wedding.  During the time he's out there, he won't have regular days off or we would fly him back if need be for the weekend.  

FI is devastated.  We're so excited for the BM but it's sad that his best friend probably won't be there.

Sigh, I want to fix it for him...but we'd far rather this guy get going on his amazing new life journey.
    Yeah, that's rough. Hugs for your FI.

H had THREE of his groosmen who were unable to make it due to military stuff, and he was super bummed about it (me too - two of them I consider close friends of mine with or without H around). One pulled out a week and a half before. They all called him the day before though, which I think helped.

I just tried to be as supportive, and tried to be "Yay getting married! Have a beer!" as much as I could. The sting will go away for him in a bit. 
  • Awww that sucks. I imagine that would be really rough for him. Give him time to be sad, though. He will rebound soon enough.

We had all over our bridal party present on the wedding day, but even other friends/family that weren't able to come made me so sad. I was in a funk for a week when the RSVPs were coming in and I was getting declines.
    imageimage">
  • Awww, I'm sorry. Hopefully, he may be able to make it. Maybe you can cheer FI up with some of his favorite brews, or his favorite meal. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards