Wedding Party

Wedding Party lots of Kids

So my FI and I have as follows<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Nephews:

2-7 Year Olds

1-2 Year Old

1-13 Year Old

1-15 Year Old

Nieces

2-over 18

If the two older girls do not a role in the wedding I don't really care, but the younger boys I'd like to include (Minus the 2 year old) We are thinking the 15 year old as a usher.. any thoughts on the other young kids?

Re: Wedding Party lots of Kids

• The 7-year-olds can be co-ring bearers or groomsmen.  The 13-year-old can be a groomsman or also usher.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why not just ask the older ones what they'd like to be - ushers or guests? The 7 year olds can be ring-bearers if you'd like them to be.
  • Having them attend as guests is honor enough.

If you want them to be in the wedding party, I would personally ask the 7 y/o to be ring bearers (one has your ring, one has your FI's ring) and the 13 and 15 y/o to be ushers. The two older girls could be readers or bridesmaids if you decide to include them.

Of course you need to ask if they want to be involved at all - they might say no. If they do agree to be in the WP, you'll need to buy them a gift, so keep your budget in mind.
    *********************************************************************************

• So my FI and I have as follows<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Nephews:

2-7 Year Olds         Ring bearers - it's ok to have 2

1-2 Year Old           Too young and he won't remember or care if he's included, dress him for pictures

1-13 Year Old         Usher, gm, reader

1-15 Year Old         Usher, gm, reader

Nieces

2-over 18        Ushers, bm, reader. Don't feel obligated to include them, since you don't really care if they are in your wedding party.

If the two older girls do not a role in the wedding I don't really care, but the younger boys I'd like to include (Minus the 2 year old) We are thinking the 15 year old as a usher.. any thoughts on the other young kids?

If you're having a religious ceremony, there may be additional roles to fill: at a Catholic ceremony, for instance- altar servers, presenters of the gifts (bread and wine).

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

ring bearers for 2 7 year olds and usher or groomsmen for older 2.  or they can do readings? 

I have 1 niece and 5 nephews.  I had 2 ring bearers, 1 flower girl, the youngest wasnt in the wedding (just a baby, he wore a matching bow tie to the other little guys and his dad who was in the wedding carried him down as he walked in, he's the quietest happiet kid i've met so it was no issue having him at the church) and the older 2 (10 and 12) both did readings and ushered my mom in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards