Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wedding video viewing party?

Hi everyone,I got married on 6/20/09. . .we are still waiting for our album and video. We have gotten first drafts of each. The album is being printed and I just sent it video edits. I was wondering if anyone has had a  wedding video viewing party. What do you all think about having one? Any thoughts would be appreciated.Nima

Re: wedding video viewing party?

• I wouldn't do it.I don't think anyone would care enough to want to watch it. Maybe your parents or something, but that would probably be it.I would ask your parents and siblings if I were you to get their opinions.I would just sit down with your husband and watch it together. Just the two of you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, if one of my friends said they were having a "wedding video viewing party," my immediate thought would be, "Holy crap, that's pretentious."Sorry.
  • Erm... no. As much as I love my friends, I would be bored to death if I had to watch their wedding video. No one cares as much about your wedding as you do, so trust me, it's not going to be much of a party.It's something for the two of you, not for public viewing.
  • No one cares about your wedding as much as you. Watch it with your husband and then pass it on to see if your parents are interested in seeing it. Don't make it a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for the responses. . .that's what I thought, but lots of people were asking if we were going to have some sort of viewing party so I thought I would throw it out.
  • Every circle is different....if you're friends are into that -- then by all means, have a party!
  • im sorry its a bad idea! i actually had a coworker recently vent to me how she went to a party like this and how boring it was!
  • I watched the wedding video with my husband first, and then watched it with my parents when I visited them last.  I have friends (who were in the wedding party) who would be interested in seeing it, so I may watch it when I visit with them next.... but it totally depends if THEY tell me they want to see it.  I wouldn't make a big production out of it, but if someone inquires, by all means, have fun with it!!!

• Some of my friends missed the ceremony and others were outside the country. My video was only 45 min and the editing was amazing. I threw a Wedding Viewing Party and recreated the Mashed Potato Bar from the cocktail hour. We had a blast! 

• @carminachung This thread is FIVE years old! Start a new thread if you want to discuss this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards