Wedding Invitations & Paper

invitations

So my question is I am having a New Years Eve wedding and some people say I should send out invitations sooner than 8 weeks. Maybe 12 weeks in advance. Thoughts? Is this ok?

Re: invitations

• Are you absolutely certain you want to have that NYE wedding?  It is going to be VERY expensive, and people will expect first class treatment.
    I think you are going to get a lot of declines for choosing such an inconvenient date.  The rules don't change because of your wedding date.  Send out your invitations 8 weeks before the wedding.  I hope you have sent out STDs already?  If not, send them out now.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I would love to go to a wedding on NYE! But I feel that if you have a wedding on NYE, you absolutely should have a full open bar and dinner reception. I would send out Save the Dates now, and then then send your invitations at the mid-end of October.

• Ditto PPs. The expectations are higher for NYE weddings. Just send the invitations at the regular time and STDs are a good idea for holiday weddings.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just make sure you only send out the Save the Dates to people who you absolutely want there! You're 5 months out and should know your budget but there have been plenty of people who have sent them out to everyone on their guest list just to find out later that they can't necessarily afford everyone the way they intended (and you can't take them back)! Keep in mind that you will probably be expected to host a lavish event. 

Just be careful. NYE = Drinking and a TON of cops out (at least in my area).

• I agree that you should send them out early then 8 weeks for a NYE wedding. Since that is a popular night for people to need sitters, sitters can book up early. That could impact your response rate. Also if people are traveling, the more advance notice they can have (assuming you didn't send out STD which is required) to plan their travels & the expenses of travel over a holiday is appreciated by guests.

• I would be sure to send out STDs and spread the word about the holiday date.

There's no need to send out invitations early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards