Texas-Austin

Me So Hungry Catering & Event Coordination aka Christina Alfonso Review

Just wanted to add a note about Christina Alfonso of Me So Hungry catering and event planning.

She absolutely and unequivocally RUINED our wedding reception.  I actually found her through this community and was super excited to be using her but she turned out to be nothing but trouble and disappointment.

It often took months to hear back from her on questions.  Then her responses were so long and convoluted, I'd never feel like my question or concern was addressed.

The food at the tasting was good so we felt excited to use her for catering, DOC AND to assist with flowers.   Thank GOD, on a whim, I decided to take over doing the flowers myself as her lack of communication and responses left me feeling like I didn't want to risk every aspect of my wedding failing.  As it turns out, flowers were about the ONLY thing that were exactly what I wanted on that day, and it's because I did it myself.

Christina was late for every.single. appointment we ever had beginning in October 2013 all the way through our wedding day in May 2014.  

The short list of grievances:

·         *Left the wedding rehearsal when she was supposed to have set out tables, and then the day of the wedding, left her "assistant" day of coordinator alone to do all set-up by herself. The end result was, set-up was not complete when guests arrived.

·         *The experience bar-tender I paid for was under the age of 18 (so not able to legally serve alcohol). Additionally this person had no clue how to open a bottle of wine and my bridal party ended up doing drink service for cocktail hour.  

·         *The “assistant” coordinator was not able to do the set-up planned and 90% of the visual items planned for the wedding never happened.  

·         *We paid for cake service, no cake cutting utensils were brought and again my bridal party cut the cake.  The even coordinator was so far underwater trying to keep the event on schedule and busting tables that she couldn’t even help with cake service…Which brings me to my next point:

·         *The catering staff did NO clean up during the reception, meaning all 24 tables were covered in dirty plates and glasses.  

·         *The groom and I never one had a bite of hot food.  Everything on the line was cold although our entire food set-up had been done such that Christina had TWO full kitchens to cook in (on-site) and a set-up of many deep fryers so that all food would be hot and fresh.  Not one thing that day was served to me hot.

·         *Over 30% of the menu we ordered was never served.  I’m not sure it matters as it would have been cold anyhow, but the vegetarian options we ordered including mac and cheese balls and grilled cheese (for vegetarians and children in attendance) were never served.

·         *Christina left before food service, I never saw her on my wedding day.  When I started asking serious questions about why everything was a mess, where the food was, why no one was busting tables, etc. Christina’s event “staff” disclosed that she was actually at another wedding.

·         *The Assistant coordinator, her own staff and myself have ALL been trying to reach Christina since this day. She has yet to return a single phone call or email about the absolutely AWFUL service and experience we had.  She deleted me from facebook that night and took down her Me So Hungry facebook page and website that night.

*There are many WONDERFUL vendors in Austin who would have the opportunity to have your business.  Our day of coordinator was a God send…she is the only reason we were even to pull things together enough to have a reception.  Also, the woman that did our cake: AMAZING!  You can find prices as good as Christina’s if you look (try Verde’s).  Do not waste your time on her. She does not deserve your trust or business and will leave you nothing but disappointed.

Re: Me So Hungry Catering & Event Coordination aka Christina Alfonso Review

• I also wanted to leave a post about our recent experience with Christina Alfonso.  I first found her on Weddingbee and The Knot and was really excited to be working with her as our DOC for our September 2014 wedding.  My fiance and I met with her and she had lots of great ideas and essentially sold us with all of the amazing hands-on things she would do for our wedding.  She is very reasonably priced for the Austin area, but DO NOT LET THAT BE THE FINAL DECISION MAKER. 

After growing a little uneasy from lack of responses to my queries and reading some truly terrible recent reviews of her services my fiance and I decided to terminate our contract with her. I sent the initial email to her about our decision and never heard back.  Since then (2 months ago) we have tried to contact her by phone and certified mail and she has not responded to a single one of our attempts.  Her business website was suddenly taken down one day and there is little record of her or her business (Me So Hungry Catering).  She has chosen not to respond as well as keep our deposit, which according to our contract that we both signed, should have been returned.  Planning a wedding is stressful and at times difficult, we were hoping that by working with Christina the stress would be minimized but instead it led to a lose of money and time. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear that @brunchbride14!!

Sadly, might be time to take her to Small Claims and file something with the BBB.

Good luck!  I hope you manage to get your deposit back!!!
  • ugh, I'm so sorry @brunchbride14

Christina single handedly ruined our wedding.  I wish I had terminated services and (as someone who has been through this with her) even with the loss of deposit I would have been happier to have been out that money than to have been put through what she did to us.  We planned a VERY budget friendly wedding and her deposit was a HUGE chunk of our budget, so it wasn't nothing to us to lose it.

I think you have made the right decision.  And if you need an AMAZING DOC for your september fete, please message me and I'll send you to the girl who *did* show up to our wedding.  She was a ROCKSTAR!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards