Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

brands of makeup- suggestions for day-of?

Hi there, I plan to do my own make-up for my wedding. A friend who is a Bobbi Brown make-up artist did a beautiful job for me once and listed all the products and colors she used. I purchased a couple items at the time, but it's too much money to buy everything. I normally just wear plain moisturizer or BB creme, but I get shiny throughout the workday. I'd like a more flawless and matte look on my wedding day, so I'm wondering if you have any reasonably-priced (drugstore) suggestions for foundations. Thanks in advance!

Re: brands of makeup- suggestions for day-of?

• I've been using maybelline FIT for the last couple of years because it's the only drugstore brand that matches my skin tone exactly. It's a medium coverage liquid so it looks "flawless" but is light enough that people wonder if I have foundation on. However, it's not great at hiding shine, so I rely on a good primer/powder combo to combat that.
  • I do like Maybelline; I'll give that a try! 

• I've been reading good things about Revlon's Photoready Airbrush mousse makeup.  I also don't think it contains any SPF which can also be an issue in making you look washed out in photos.  I might give this one a try myself for my wedding day.
  • If you decide to try something new make sure to try it out a few weeks before your wedding to make sure that your skin doesn't have a reaction to it.
  • I've been using Covergirl dream matte mousse for years. I tend to break out, and this is the only liquid I've found that doesn't make my face look oily or make me break out while I'm wearing it. It gives good coverage, but since it's a "mousse" and not really a liquid, there's not too much shine. Nuetragena (sorry about the spelling) makes an affordable translucent powder you can dust onto your t-zone to control shine.
  • I just got the L'Oreal True Match Lumi and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  I usually go for minimum coverage too, sometimes just a BB cream and powder to set it.  This foundation is worth a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards