New Jersey

New Jersey Wedding Venue Help!

Hello brides to be!
I have been engaged since June 10 and I have started the hunt for a venue. I have looked in various places up and down New Jersey. I feel like I have gone to a million places. PLUS the fiance and I just purchased a house. I would rather spend more money on the renovations versus a wedding but I don't want to the wedding to look like I settled. I would love any input on any of these places. I'd love information regarding: food, service, appearance, etc. These are my top places and within my budget. Thanks I appreciate ALL the input!

The Graycliff in Moonachie, NJ
The Imperia in Somerset, NJ
The Mill in Spring Lake Heights, NJ
Hilton at Short Hills in Short Hills, NJ
The Grand Summit Hotel in Summit, NJ

Re: New Jersey Wedding Venue Help!

• I was in my friend's weddng and her reception was at the Imperia, there were several receptions going on that evening. It would bother me, but it didn't seem to bother her.  The food was ok, I am vegan and despite the fact that there was a vegan option listed on the menu the waiter didn't understand what was going on.  The service was so slow because your meat got served then someone else brought out your vegetable, parts of your dinner were cold by the time you got everything.  Also H who was FI at the time, he got sick from something he ate while there and left early. 

Anniversary

• We got married at The a Graycliff and I can't say enough good things about it. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are getting married at The Mill in October 2014. The Mill was by far my favorite venue that we visited. We also did not want to spend a fortune on a wedding and are saving for our future together. Amy at The Mill is fantastic. She really sold us when we first visited. She is beyond patient and responds quickly to any questions that we have. We went for our tasting 2 months ago and I cannot tell you how great the food is there. We've also eaten dinner there a few times in the past year. The food is to die for. So far, The Mill has definitely proved to be the right choice for us. I went to a wedding at the Graycliff a few years ago. Their cocktail hour was amazing. The dinner was just ok. The actual reception hall was nice. I've never been to a wedding at any of the other places. Good luck in your search!
  • I live near Graycliff and had my giant baby shower there and booked them for his christening. They do a good job but i'm not sure they have the atmosphere i'd like for a wedding. I booked the Imperia for my wedding next year (lol we did things a little backwards in terms of life events and order). I got quotes and menus from Hilton at Short Hills and was just not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards