Chit Chat

Product loyalty

Re: Product loyalty

• Viczaesar said:

Those are gorgeous!  I'm always on the lookout for quality, comfortable (future) work shoes.  So you recommend the brand in general?

I have only tried on the linked ones, and the Sledge which is a bit higher.  Both were very comfortable, but I liked the Sybila because the height really makes it an all-day shoe.  I drool over their window displays in NYC though.  Everything they come out with is gorgeous.

Also, Kate Middleton wears them, so they get the ultimate seal of approval IMO.

The other brand I've found insanely comfortable is Taryn Rose, or Taryn by Taryn Rose (a little cheaper).  I scored a pair at DSW and they're like a permanent hug for your feet!

I have the same Aquatalias as Kate, so awesome seal of approval. And seriously comfortable to walk in!!!

• Viczaesar said:
    Those are gorgeous!  I'm always on the lookout for quality, comfortable (future) work shoes.  So you recommend the brand in general?
    I have only tried on the linked ones, and the Sledge which is a bit higher.  Both were very comfortable, but I liked the Sybila because the height really makes it an all-day shoe.  I drool over their window displays in NYC though.  Everything they come out with is gorgeous.

Also, Kate Middleton wears them, so they get the ultimate seal of approval IMO.

The other brand I've found insanely comfortable is Taryn Rose, or Taryn by Taryn Rose (a little cheaper).  I scored a pair at DSW and they're like a permanent hug for your feet!
    I have the same Aquatalias as Kate, so awesome seal of approval. And seriously comfortable to walk in!!!
    The Kate Effect is so real.  She's never steered me wrong yet.

I was trying to find an article to link about the Kate Effect when I came across this one.  Yep, I own coral jeans.  Didn't realize Kate started the trend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans. Mostly banana republic but also anyplace else that fits. Whenever I fall in love with a pair I immediately regret not having bought 20 more identical pairs. Also Brooks running shoes. Will never buy another brand of running she again so they'd better be around as long as I am!
  • Tampax Pearl and Skechers. Always.

I've been very loyal to my shampoo and conditioner, but I'm thinking I need a change. I've been using Herbal Essence, but I want to change it up a bit. I'm also super loyal to my Loreal foundation and powder, but only because it's the only brand with my color shade that isn't messy AND doesn't strain my budget. It doesn't actually cover very well. :(
  • I've got more!

Bath & Body Works shower gel. iPhones. Mizuno running shoes (FI converted me - he has about 4 pairs in rotation right now and will buy pairs whenever they go on sale on Amazon).

• BareMinerals powder foundation is my life. I am almost out, so I need to go get more. 

Also, Olay Ribbons body wash and Absolut Vodka are my friends. 
  • I'm noticing trends.

I love Cole Haan. I even bought them for my wedding shoes.

St Ives apricot scrub. I've been using it since I was 12 and keep using it- though it's now work anti-aging products rather than Clearasil.

Heinz. It's the only acceptable ketchup.

I'm oddly loyal to 2 local brands: El Milagro for tortillas and El Rancherito for tortilla chips.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A lot of food - Duke's Mayo, Heinz ketchup (the all natural, no corn syrup version), Coke Zero and Cherry Coke, Trader Joe's corn pasta, raw cashews, sour cream and onion corn puffs, pound plus chocolate (so maybe too much from TJs), Haribo gummies, Kinder chocolate products, Red's Apple Ale and Strawberry Apple Ale

Urban Decay eye primer, Physician's formula eye shadow, the Apt. 9 brand at Kohls...
    Anniversary

• @cupcait927 Get your Paul Mitchell dude/ette to straighten your hair with theirs one day. I can seriously rave about mine for HOURS. Best hair decision I ever made. 

(Even if my first one came with straight-across bangs a la Demi Lovato [click her name, or here for ideas]... which was possibly the WORST hair decision I ever made... I looked more like this.)

Also: Apple. I'm a shameless MacWhore. Not so much their phones, but I LOVE their computers. Also Lance crackers. The nuclear orange with peanut butter, you'd think they were all the same? Nope. Lance is where it's at.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Vegemite.  There is absolutely no substitute for this stuff!  I don't care what marketers say.  And no, it's not remotely like Marmite.

@missdelilah Where do you live? I've only heard of vegemite being a thing in Australia.

My friend in London sent me Marmite in the mail and I literally barfed it was so nasty.

• mysticl said:
    Cottonelle Ultra Comfort toilet paper. I HATE when FI buys the TP because he gets cheap Angel Soft crap. No. I will buy all the TP til death do us part so help me God amen.

Another Amazon Prime devotee. Thomas' english muffins. Besides that... eh. Nothing comes to mind.
    I totally converted DH to Cottonelle from "whatever is cheap".  In the store he will pick it up going "is this the right one?"
    H bought TP the other day that, I kid you not, was not even perforated. I told him, under no circumstances, was he to buy anything besides Charmin Ultra in the future. It was single ply, too.

The shame.
  • Bare Minerals powder, Urban Decay eye make up.

I am so loyal to my deodorant that when I heard they discontinued the scent, I bought 15 sticks of it on Amazon. (Dove Go Fresh Grapefruit & Lemongrass if you are wondering).

I only buy Tide laundry detergent and Charmin TP (I grew up in a very Proctor & Gamble household).
  • Pointless update!  I found the black shoes on eBay and my offer of $175 (off retail price of about $345) was accepted!  Yee haw!  I still want to buy the nude but I'm holding off until I receive the black so I can make sure they are really new and unworn.  The shoe saga will continue for a few more weeks with international shipping, ha.

Fi convinced me to buy both colors last night.  He's the best shopping enabler buddy ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Pointless update!  I found the black shoes on eBay and my offer of $175 (off retail price of about $345) was accepted!  Yee haw!  I still want to buy the nude but I'm holding off until I receive the black so I can make sure they are really new and unworn.  The shoe saga will continue for a few more weeks with international shipping, ha.

Fi convinced me to buy both colors last night.  He's the best shopping enabler buddy ever.

SITB:

FWIW, I support the purchase of the nude ones. I got a pair of nude pumps at Target a few years ago because they were cheap and I wanted to take them for a test drive before I got something super $$. Damn, I look fine in them! Seriously, nude pumps are like some sort of magic.

I want some nice ones, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My friend does have a pair of nude, patent Cole Haan wedges that I am also quite jealous of.
  • @JCbride2015‌ I always support the purchase of something you love in multiple colors. I'm kind of a freak that way. I own many of the same shoes in black/brown and many of the same shirts in multiple colors. When you find something you like, why stray from it? :)

• jenna8984 said:
    Vegemite.  There is absolutely no substitute for this stuff!  I don't care what marketers say.  And no, it's not remotely like Marmite.

@missdelilah Where do you live? I've only heard of vegemite being a thing in Australia.

My friend in London sent me Marmite in the mail and I literally barfed it was so nasty.

I live in MA, but I'm from Sydney.  It's an Australian thing.  The English do Marmite, we do Vegemite.  If you like one, you hate the other, and if you are not familiar with either, you hate them both.  I love to introduce it to Americans by giving them a jar and letting them have at it.  It's hilarious, because most of the spreads here are things you pile on (peanut butter, jam, jelly, nutella, cream cheese) and it's such fun to watch.  Of course it's gross when you pile it on there.  I've never bothered actively trying to get anyone to like it.  I've got FI to a point where he can tolerate it if I make the toast, but he's still not great at making toast for me - though much improved, to be honest.
  • My Vionic/ Orthaheel shoes that make my back feel incredible. (Seriously look at these) Lancome foundations and Urban Decay eye makeup. OPI nail polish. Lucky jeans. Mount Olive pickles. Dove soap for face and Irish Spring for body.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • jenna8984 said:
    Vegemite.  There is absolutely no substitute for this stuff!  I don't care what marketers say.  And no, it's not remotely like Marmite.

I live in MA, but I'm from Sydney.  It's an Australian thing.  The English do Marmite, we do Vegemite.  If you like one, you hate the other, and if you are not familiar with either, you hate them both.  I love to introduce it to Americans by giving them a jar and letting them have at it.  It's hilarious, because most of the spreads here are things you pile on (peanut butter, jam, jelly, nutella, cream cheese) and it's such fun to watch.  Of course it's gross when you pile it on there.  I've never bothered actively trying to get anyone to like it.  I've got FI to a point where he can tolerate it if I make the toast, but he's still not great at making toast for me - though much improved, to be honest.
    ooo I'm in MA- maybe we need a vegemite get together hahaha

• edited August 2014
    Peter Pan peanut butter, Eight O'clock Bean Coffee, Breyers or Haagen Daaz Ice cream... what the hell is Perry's.... it tastes like paint, Heinz ketchup, Bertolli Burgundy Marinara Spaghetti Sauce, o-cello scrubby sponges, Force flex garbage bags with febreeze, Softsoap clear antibacterial hand soap, Clorox anywhere, All Free and Clear laundry detergent, Downy lavender infusions fabric softener, Windex, Colgate Total plus whitening toothpaste (toothpaste gel is nasty; paste is the only way to go), Enzo Angiolini shoes (I wore them at my wedding), Victoria Secret Very Sexy Bras or Body Bras, Lancome face lotion, OB tampons, MAC eye makeup base, MAC eye shadow, MAC also makes THE BEST waterproof liquid eyeliner (you could wear it 2 days in a row from one application), OPI nail polish, Ponds cooling cucumber eye makeup remover, Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara, Matrix smooth an Sleek shampoo and conditioner, and my new fave: Aveeno moisturizing body wash. ... Wow... I'm a snob and a half.
  • I don't have many super loyalties to brands, but I love Lucky Jeans! I have the hardest time finding jeans that fit because I have a small waist, but I do have hips and an ass. But Lucky Jeans fit perfectly and look great! And I love that the inside of the zipper says "Lucky You" because I have the maturity level of a teenager.
  • I just found myself stalking a pair of shoes all over the internet.  I bought them in navy last year for my summer law firm job, and they were the most comfortable work heels I've ever owned.  I told myself I'd buy them in black and nude when I started for real.  Well, the time is here, and I was just browsing online only to discover they are discontinued.  Horror of horrors.  Not even eBay has them.  I found them on a UK website and am strongly considering paying international shipping for these damn shoes.  I don't even want to link them because they are absurdly expensive and you guys will side-eye me.

But they are just.so.comfortable.

What product (shoes, food, makeup, whatever) are you insanely loyal to?
    I swear that whenever I find a good product, it usually becomes discontinued shortly after!  I feel your pain!
  • JoanE2012 said:
    I just found myself stalking a pair of shoes all over the internet.  I bought them in navy last year for my summer law firm job, and they were the most comfortable work heels I've ever owned.  I told myself I'd buy them in black and nude when I started for real.  Well, the time is here, and I was just browsing online only to discover they are discontinued.  Horror of horrors.  Not even eBay has them.  I found them on a UK website and am strongly considering paying international shipping for these damn shoes.  I don't even want to link them because they are absurdly expensive and you guys will side-eye me.

I swear that whenever I find a good product, it usually becomes discontinued shortly after!  I feel your pain!
    It's one of those unwritten laws of the universe.  For me it's lipstick colors.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    I just found myself stalking a pair of shoes all over the internet.  I bought them in navy last year for my summer law firm job, and they were the most comfortable work heels I've ever owned.  I told myself I'd buy them in black and nude when I started for real.  Well, the time is here, and I was just browsing online only to discover they are discontinued.  Horror of horrors.  Not even eBay has them.  I found them on a UK website and am strongly considering paying international shipping for these damn shoes.  I don't even want to link them because they are absurdly expensive and you guys will side-eye me.

It's one of those unwritten laws of the universe.  For me it's lipstick colors.  
    I am trying to carefully ration my use of J. Crew Lipstick Queen red-coral from two years ago.  Sorry if that's gross.  I love that color.

They just came out with some new version of it and I may have to try it.  I hope it's the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cupcait927 Get your Paul Mitchell dude/ette to straighten your hair with theirs one day. I can seriously rave about mine for HOURS. Best hair decision I ever made. 

(Even if my first one came with straight-across bangs a la Demi Lovato [click her name, or here for ideas]... which was possibly the WORST hair decision I ever made... I looked more like this.)

Also: Apple. I'm a shameless MacWhore. Not so much their phones, but I LOVE their computers. Also Lance crackers. The nuclear orange with peanut butter, you'd think they were all the same? Nope. Lance is where it's at.
    SAME. I have an iMac at home that I fucking LOVE, and I bought the macbook I'm using right now this spring. I fucking LOVE THIS BEAST. SO NICE. SO VERY NICE.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I pretty much will only use MAC makeup. Once in a while, I'll buy Neutrogena eyeliner. 

I only buy jeans from American Eagle. 

I only buy gym clothes from Gap Body or Lulu. 

And I only use cleansers from 100% Pure on my face. 
  • @CaitTDid23 and @beethery I'm with you both on the Mac love. I have a macbook that's getting on in years and I'm SO sad that I'm too poor to replace it when it dies. I love love love my macbook and don't want to own anything else. The one I have now has held out for seven-eight years and it still runs decently well. But it's too old to update with any new software so I know I'm going to have to retire it soon.
  • I pretty much will only use MAC makeup. Once in a while, I'll buy Neutrogena eyeliner. 

I only buy jeans from American Eagle. 

I only buy gym clothes from Gap Body or Lulu. 

And I only use cleansers from 100% Pure on my face. 
    Best shit ever. EVER.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @sarahufl‌ I'm the same way with Tide and Charmin. When I was a kid my mom and I conducted an experiment to see what detergent would banish the smell from my teenage brother's disgusting basketball clothes that he hid in the bottom of his laundry basket for three weeks. Tide won hands down so I still swear by that brand. 

For other stuff, Mary Kay for foundation, Nine West for shoes, Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy or Ann Taylor for clothes. And I will only get my groceries from Harris Teeter unless we're having an orange juice emergency. I've tried Whole Foods, Giant, Trader Joes and Safeway but nothing beats Harris Teeter in my book.
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

I love The Body Shop's tea tree oil for my blemishes.  I use Avon Nurtura Replenishing Cream for my night moisturizer and Evian water spray for during the day. I like Essie (OPI chips) nail polish. My foundation is MUF but I use ELF for my HD powder ($8.00 how can you go wrong).  I tend to wear mostly Ann Taylor or Loft clothes although my basics come from Old Navy. 

I don't have any favorite shoe brands. My closet has a variety of brands, although I do wear my Toms slip-ons a lot.

ETA: I need a new eye cream that can get rid of dark circles and help with wrinkles. any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards