Flowers
Options

How do i start?

When should i start hunting down florists? my wedding is november 2015 and i dont have a final guest list count yet so i dont know how many centerpieces i'd need. is it too early to shop for quotes or can this be a vendor to put on the back burner until next year?

Re: How do i start?

• Options
    If you're starting planning you should have a rough guest count (to get you started on centerpieces) and a budget. So that's where you start: know about how much you want to spend on flowers out of your total budget; it wouldn't hurt to prioritize flowers either. If you don't want to spend a ton or want more bang for your buck in terms of quantity, think of flowers that are in season or less expensive to get out of season. 

Most florists will let you make changes to your order after you've booked and paid your deposit - though that's definitely a question to ask them. I could make changes up until 30 days out (enough time to get a pretty good idea on guest count/number of tables). 

It's early to shop for quotes, but probably not too early. I booked our florist I think about 13 months out because that's when I had time to meet with them. I made two minor changes to our order within that year, and it worked out just fine. 
  • Options
    thats good to know thanks. i'm flexible on the type of flower because i dont know whats in season in my area. i'm more concerned about color size and price. thanks! i'm in the same boat of having time now to meet them vs later.
  • Options
    We met with our florist and signed a contract about 5 months before the wedding. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards