New York-Hudson Valley

How much did you spend for your wedding?

I know the average in our area is 25k. Is that typical? How much did you spend and how did you save?

We may have to take on this whole wedding by ourselves and can use all the help we can get!

Re: How much did you spend for your wedding?

• I am still in the process... but my budget is 30k. ... however I been looking at prices (vendors) and I am sure I will go over my budget.  Flowers, photographers, and venues are ridiculous-expensive.  
    I think I will not use video and my wedding is on sunday.... 
  • I've been told it's impossible to do under 20K... I'm looking to stay around 30K :) Good luck!
  • My FI and I set our budget at 18K, because thats what we would be able to save. We are planning in Lower Dutchess County. We ended up begin able to save more and added many extras to our wedding. By the time we are done it looks like it will be around 25K. 

We could have had a beautiful wedding with our original budget of 18K. We just chose to go over. 25K is more than doable. Just scale back and price hunt. Just because the vendor charges more doesnt mean their quality is better!
  • I don't know the exact amount we spent, but I think it was around $25K.   I saved by having it on a Friday evening and we only had 70 guests.    I'm sure I could have cut costs more if I wanted, but I was able to do everything I wanted for that amount.  I made my own invites, although I'm sure buying them from Michaels or something would have been cheaper (I did pocket folds, purchased a template on etsy but printed and assembled them myself).  I also made my own favors (a candy recipe my mom makes) that was a hit but didn't cost too much.   I did lanterns and just small flower arrangements for the centerpieces.    There were venues around that were less expensive, and offered more for the money but I didn't want the cookie cutter banquet hall wedding.  

• Our budget is $8,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards