Flowers

Floral designer vs. Florist??

so I've been looking trying to find someone to do my flowers and came across a lot of places that call themselves 'floral designers'. has anyone else seen this?

What's the difference between a floral designer and a florist? I really love flowers and plan on including them in my decor so I'm kinda tempted to go with a floral designer but we're on a budget so I'm worried they would be waaaay more expensive than a normal florist. 

any ideas?

Re: Floral designer vs. Florist??

• I'm sure a lot of people define these terms their own way, but we hired a floral designer. The difference is she doesn't have a retail operation. She just designs flowers for events like weddings and large parties, working out of her house. For that reason, she's actually cheaper than a florist because she doesn't have a lot of overhead.

Call the person you're interested in and get a consultation. Who knows, maybe they're cheaper than you think.
  • There really isn't a difference.  I worked at a florist as a floral designer.

But Emmy is right.  The reason why some would just call themselves floral designers is because they don't have a retail operation where they sell bunches of flowers and other arrangements to the public, but rather just work events/parties.

But in the end, when you go to a florist (an actual shop), the person doing your flowers for your wedding is a floral designer.  They just happen to work out of a retail shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards